Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Off-topic, but I think there is a very good sign that the GOP has possibly lost the Youth vote right now. What is it?

You all may have heard about these "Tea Parties," or mass protests in different cities and state capitals where people join to march against the bailouts and Stimulus and so forth. The problem?

Alot of these leaders are calling them Teabagging events.

Gee why do the kids not to go along with that? tongue

I doubt too that TIS and Pizzaboy and Babe want to be teabagged. OK, maybe pizzaboy. tongue

Ha ha...yea this whole teabagging thing is really a crackup (pardon the expression) tongue

I do agree that the Right does seem to be losing the younger generation. Not only that, I've read the the so called Religious right is "done" with politics, thus if true, another abandonment for the GOP. I know many times in history either party has it's "slump" (for lack of a better word). It happens to the liberal left as well. I didn't see it but heard about an interview with Megan McCain. She almost seemed "flexible" and willing to consider other sides, and even criticize the Republicans. eek

However, I really think this just may be the beginning of the creation of a third party? What do you think? One perhaps "in the middle" of the right and left? If not a total other party, some major change. The country is ripe for it I think, AND it may be a good thing. I just think something is in the air Obama's election may have been only the beginning of change...poliically anyway.

TIS

P.S. RR, my buddy...where have you been? Keeping on the political scene I see. wink Nice to see you back.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/11/09 09:55 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon