Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I agree that it's a bow. I just don't see this as a gesture of submission, but instead one of respect, and I don't see the big deal. There are people who are quite upset, but I personally am not, and it has no bearing on the fact that it's President Obama. If it had been President Bush or Clinton or Reagan, I would still be saying that it's a tempest in a teapot.

I know that you would SB and I know that you are sincere. I also know that no matter what President it may have been, be it Obama, Bush, Reagan or Clinton, your feelings about this would be the same. You are one of the most forthcoming and most respectable debators on these boards. And the same can be said for people like TIS and for thata matter a majority of the others here.

Unfortunatley there are still a few here who just don't know how to debate without getting personal. There are a small few here who when they cannot come up with an answer they immedeatly have to revert back to what party lost what position, how the last administration sucked and how the party they voted for now dominates. They just cannot refrain from constantly accusing people who may not agree with them of being bitter.

I for the life of me do not know what the f**k that has to do with what's being discussed. Especially here. But then again, those same people have been making the same transparent replies for quite a while now.

Ehhh, what are you going to do.

I enjoy debating and discussing these kinds of things. Especially with people who state their case, be it for or against what I support, with an educated, relevant and factual reply.

Yes, I agree that in the grand scheme of things this occurance really isn't a big deal. But it's a fun and educational experience to get the different thoughts and ideas from the different people who address what's actually being discussed. Hearing what people have to say about the actual issue being discussed is what helps all of us to become more open minded.

The people who continually revert back to issues that really have no bearing on the facts being discussed, no relevance whatsoever, are the ones that will never be able to grow and open up their own minds because they just don't have any factual knowledge to contribute to a real discussion. It's a shame that one or two here fall into that category. It's unfortunate for them.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.