Being that it was to the King of Saudi Arabia is not what is upsetting, at least for me.

The idea that the leader of my nation, would intentionally bow before the leader of ANY nation, ANY King of ANY country, fully knowing what that kind of a gesture really means, is what's upsetting. In fact it is quite appalling.

Now the question here is did he intentionally bow before the King fully knowing the historic significance of that kind of a gesture? I don't think so. At least I sure hope not.

Was it an intentional act of weakness on President Obama's part? Probably not. He probably thought that he was being respectful. Probably felt that he wasn't doing anything wrong. Giving him the benefit of the doubt he probably was not aware of the historic siginificance of bowing before the leader of another country.

I find it really hard to believe that he would do such a thing intentionally knowing that it was wrong.

Anyone who takes the time to research and educate themselves about the historic significance of bowing before a king, a deity or a leader would understand that it is a big deal. Anyone who understands what it means would agree that President Obama made a mistake in doing what he did.

Absence of Malice? Probably. But it shouldn't have been done.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.