I'm curious to know if my fellow Californians (Blib and Saladbar come to mind) are prepared with an earthquake kit, a plan where to "meet" if family is in different areas, and/or any kind of disaster plan? confused When my kids were home, I worked at a school right by there school and knew I could hopefully easily get to them. We had a plan as to where to go if we all were home (I had a dried up resovior behind me, with no buildings, electrical wires, etc. It was ideal to run to) BUT now it'd be chaotic, and we have no real plan.

Oh, and SB & Blib, don't you find the "stand under the doorway" during the shaking suggestion totally...I don't know...totally wrong? confused I just don't feel safe, doorway or not, standing anywhere inside where an entire roof can cave in on me. Like one comedian long ago said, when talking about CA earthquakes, "how many times after an earthquake do you see, rubble, rubble, rubble....."doorway"?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon