Originally Posted By: Mignon
Does anybody know the name of the song that the Dad dances to with his daughter at the wedding reception?

"Superfreak" by Rick James grin

Actually, the traditional daddy/daughter song, played atmost weddings I've attende, was "Daddy's Little Girl."

As an aside, about 3 years ago I went to a Father/Daughter dance, sponsored by the Girl Scouts. It had a Mexican theme with Mexican clothing, decorations, food and games, but the music was picked by the girls. I was dancing with my daughter, whose head reached my belly, and I was looking down at her. At one point she raised her head straight up and looked at me with a big smile on her face, and I'll always remember that look as if it had just happened as it melted my heart. And it hit me that at one of the greatest moments of my life, I was wearing a sombrero. smile

But the song we were dancing to was a popular one ten years ago. It was about a daughter's wedding day and the father recalling all the special moments of her growing up with her. When the song was over, it was funny that all the dads on the dance floor couldn't look at each other because we all had tears in our eyes.

I'm sure your husband will treasure his dance on the big day. smile