Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Lazy ass?? Do you really think that the vast majority of people who receive public assistance are sitting home on their lazy asses? Do you understand how ridiculously poverty-stricken someone has to be to even qualify?? .......

Maybe you see a lot of lazy ass people where you live, but the people I know who are on public assistance would give their eye teeth for a job. They swallow their pride only for the sake of their children.......

.......I don't want to make it any more difficult for people to buy food for their children.........

.........Let's say we put this ingenious plan to work. Who is going to oversee it?? Who is going to pay for thousands and thousands of urine tests? Who is going to enforce it? ........

............What if the father's an alcoholic, but the mother's not? Should the children be taken away from their mother if the father fails a drug test?

clap Excellent points SB clap

While I do see and understand the sincerity in Mignon's concerns, and share the outrage that she feels at those who are taking advantage and manipulating the system, at the same time I also know that we have to look at the big picture and realize that we cannot just arbitrarily punish the majority of people who legitimately depend on these federal programs to feed their families and their children.

Do we need to tweak and fix the welfare / federal subsidary systems that we have? Absolutely! But it has to be done the right way in order not to hurt the vast majority of people who's lives depend on these public assistance programs.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.