GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,418
Posts1,060,587
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 59 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 58 59
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #532259
02/20/09 11:03 PM
02/20/09 11:03 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

FBI now investigating 'spy' arrested at Dunes

Quote:
An alleged con man who reportedly duped high-profile military and political figures claiming to be a counterintelligence expert and Special Forces officer now is being investigated by the FBI, local officials said Thursday.

Joseph Cafasso, 52, has been in the Porter County Jail since Jan. 22, awaiting trial for failing to appear in court on charges of speeding and giving a false name to police investigators after he was pulled over in the Indiana Dunes State Park in October.

Conservation officers declined to comment Thursday on Cafasso, stating his case had been referred to the FBI for further investigation. FBI officials declined to say if they are investigating Cafasso.

According to an April 29, 2002, report in the New York Times, Cafasso claimed to be a well-connected spy who had a high-rank career in the Special Forces. Alleged victims included the Fox News network, Pat Buchanan's presidential campaign and "several representatives, military officials and activists to whom he had sold himself for years," the Times reported.

Cafasso also appeared as a military and counterterrorism expert during Fox's coverage of the invasion of Afghanistan, even though military records show that his total military experience was 44 days of boot camp at Fort Dix, N.J., in 1976.

Cafasso reportedly had been living for several months with a Chesterton woman whom he met on an Internet dating Web site, where he posted his identity as "Robert Stormer." That also was the name Cafasso initially gave to Conservation Officer Robert Kauffmann, as well as a false Social Security number, before admitting his real name.

The woman turned over to Chesterton police a laptop computer that belonged to Cafasso and investigators there said they might seek a warrant to search the computer's memory for evidence in an investigation of Cafasso.

All that stands between Cafasso and freedom, pending trial, is $500 bond, the Porter County Sheriff's department said.

Cafasso's alleged exploits have garnered him a Wikipedia page, and several other Web sites and blogs devoted to tracking his movements and activities.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #532268
02/21/09 02:17 AM
02/21/09 02:17 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
This happened at my in-laws town.

It takes all kinds

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Mignon] #533615
03/05/09 03:15 PM
03/05/09 03:15 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Here's an item from my local paper today:

Yavapai County deputies are asking for the public's help in solving a burglary at the Oak Creek Valley Medical Clinic on Feb. 25, deputies said in a press release.

The clinic is in the 6400 block of Highway 179 in the Village of Oak Creek.

The office manager called deputies after she found the clinic's back door ajar and discovered the office keys missing and lights inside the building turned on, the release said.

When deputies searched the clinic, they found an examination table made up like a bed, indicating that someone had slept there. The manager also found a computer, monitor and keyboard missing, and two sandwiches from the refrigerator had disappeared.

The clinic's front door was unlocked and a rock was propping it open.

Deputies believe employees likely locked the suspect inside the business when they closed the clinic the previous night. The suspect then used the office keys to let himself out with the computer equipment, deputies theorize. Deputies don't yet have the computer brand name and description, the release said.

The suspect likely is male, the release continued, because the toilet seat in the employee restroom was left in the raised position.

Anyone with information should call deputies at 771-3260 or Yavapai Silent Witness at 1-800-932-3232.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #533628
03/05/09 06:19 PM
03/05/09 06:19 PM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

The suspect likely is male, the release continued, because the toilet seat in the employee restroom was left in the raised position.

lol But what if it's a woman who did that to throw them off her tracks!?

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #533653
03/05/09 09:22 PM
03/05/09 09:22 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Well, Longneck, next time you pull off a heist, be sure to go to the john and lower the seat... wink

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #533655
03/05/09 11:01 PM
03/05/09 11:01 PM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Well, Longneck, next time you pull off a heist, be sure to go to the john and lower the seat... wink

But that proves nothing. What if I just had to go #2 and not #1?

And besides, every smart crook knows you pee BEFORE you do the job.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #533692
03/06/09 10:52 AM
03/06/09 10:52 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Longneck

lol But what if it's a woman who did that to throw them off her tracks!?

Or it could have been Janet Reno. eek

What I really got a kick out of were the missing sandwiches.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #533728
03/06/09 03:02 PM
03/06/09 03:02 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: klydon1

Me, too. And, when he discovered he was locked in, he made up one of the examining tables as a bed. lol

The world's stupidest criminals ply their trade here. Couple years ago, the local paper had a headline: "Police Warn of Counterfeiters." The story told of a guy who tried to pass off a phony bill at a nearby McDonald's. Police described it as "a poor-quality Xerox," and (are you ready?) it was a $50 on the front, a $20 on the back!
I can just see it now: guy comes into the McDonald's, says to the cashier, "Say, can you break a $50?" She says, "Sorry, sir, we can only accept 20's." "No problem," he says, turning the bill over... lol

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #533732
03/06/09 04:01 PM
03/06/09 04:01 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

Me, too. And, when he discovered he was locked in, he made up one of the examining tables as a bed. lol

The world's stupidest criminals ply their trade here. Couple years ago, the local paper had a headline: "Police Warn of Counterfeiters." The story told of a guy who tried to pass off a phony bill at a nearby McDonald's. Police described it as "a poor-quality Xerox," and (are you ready?) it was a $50 on the front, a $20 on the back!
I can just see it now: guy comes into the McDonald's, says to the cashier, "Say, can you break a $50?" She says, "Sorry, sir, we can only accept 20's." "No problem," he says, turning the bill over... lol

lol

I actually had a client, charged with robbery, but the victim had no cash, so he made the victim write him a check. The victim asked for the criminal's name, and he promptly supplied it to get his check for $50. He was arrested before he could cash it.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #533737
03/06/09 06:15 PM
03/06/09 06:15 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
lol
That's a good one, Kly.
Another story from the local paper: Woman's pocketbook was rifled while shopping. She went back to a music store to ask the cashier if someone had tried to use her credit card there. The guy on line in front of her was returning 10 CD's--that he'd bought with her credit card that he stole. rolleyes

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #534190
03/12/09 04:58 AM
03/12/09 04:58 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
This bit of news is not from my neck of the woods as such,but it does come from the UK so i thought i would tell all!

The 2nd Battalion of the Royal Anglian regiment recently returned fron their second 6 month tour of Iraq in the last 2 years. They have had 5 of their number killed in action!
Their home town of Luton,near London, arranged a march through the town in front of family,friends and well wishers. A proud moment for all concerned and thousands turned out. All went well until they arrived at the bunch of British born muslim protesters waving banners about Britsh murderers,Basra Butchers,British Terrorists and the like!
This did not go down well in the spirit of the parade and a riot nearly ensued. Of course no muslims were arrested,only supporters of the troops who were obviously enraged!

Now i know we live in a democracy and everyone has the right to protest and the actions of a few do not represent the feelings of the majority but i was just interested in one question?

If this same thing happened in the US,what would happen?

These British born muslims who hate the West are unbelievable. They enjoy living here a lot more than than back in Pakistan because they can claim benefits and protest without getting killed,unlike the countries back home they love so much mad

We are creating "home grown" terrorists and that can't be a good thing surely?

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #534244
03/12/09 09:54 PM
03/12/09 09:54 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Now i know we live in a democracy and everyone has the right to protest and the actions of a few do not represent the feelings of the majority but i was just interested in one question?

Throughout most of the U.S. I would suspect you'd get the same response as you saw in Luton. Yes, freedom of speech, especially political speech, is deservedly revered and protected, but the exercise of that right carries consequences. The right to spew venom sometimes buys you the right to get punched in the jaw.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #534259
03/13/09 05:22 AM
03/13/09 05:22 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Throughout most of the U.S. I would suspect you'd get the same response as you saw in Luton. Yes, freedom of speech, especially political speech, is deservedly revered and protected, but the exercise of that right carries consequences. The right to spew venom sometimes buys you the right to get punched in the jaw.

(Shrugs) Everyone has the right to their opinion no matter what others think. It easy to say that when I don't feel strongly about a given issue but I really do believe that's true.

There's a crazy hateful Christian reverend/preacher here in the US, Fred Phelps , I think his name is who has decided that gays are wrong and evil. Whatever. But he has also decided that the best way to broadcast these feelings is to show up at military funerals claiming that the men/women died as part of God's judgment against America and that he's HAPPY these people died. He has a very large family and extended family who make up his "church", most of whom seem to be as hateful and as callous as he.

I think it was ruled that his free speech rights had to be protected. Not sure.

There are some folks who are legitimately appalled at the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Others like Phelps just want to hurt people and draw attention to themselves. Ugly as it might be I think everyone's free speech rights should be protected. But if someone showed up at my loved one's funeral saying such things, I'd likely be going to jail afterwards.... mad

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #534260
03/13/09 06:14 AM
03/13/09 06:14 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
This week they released more of former Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick's text messages with his lover Christine Beatty, several other women and business associates. These were unedited.

I've said a few things to women over the years whistle but everyone knows NOT to put that stuff in writing and NEVER communicate those sorts of things over work owned phones or computers. Evidently everyone got that memo except Kilpatrick. Local DJ's have had a blast reading some of the stuff over the airwaves. Kilpatrick's father called his son "Michael Corleone".

Also Leno is doing a benefit show for unemployed folks in Auburn Hills. Since Auburn Hills is outside of and better off financially than Detroit, and SE Michigan is extremely divided, this caused a flareup of idiocy/resentments with the local council. Leno graciously agreed to do another show in Detroit schedule permitting... ohwell

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #534262
03/13/09 07:40 AM
03/13/09 07:40 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Lilo,
I think that most of these politicians that get caught is not because they're stupid. I think it's arrogance, plain and simple. They have so bought into their own sense of power that they believe that there is no way they can get caught.

In my former life, I had to deal with politicians all the time. Whenever we gave a luncheon or dinner, we would always make sure to recognize the elected officials in the audience. If, God forbid, we missed someone who came in late or something, you cannot believe the phone call we would get afterwards! Ego, ego, ego.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #534269
03/13/09 11:51 AM
03/13/09 11:51 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Here's a weird local story.... an 87 year old man was riding a bike and apparently lit a cigarette. Somehow the cigarette ignited his nylon jacket and the poor guy ended up burning to death. A FedEx truck driver saw what was happening and used a fire extinquisher to douse the flames but it was too late.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #534270
03/13/09 11:57 AM
03/13/09 11:57 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Also, I meant to post this earlier...

Here in New York they have two daily lotteries on the numbers (both three numbers and four numbers). This past Sunday, March 8th, the four number winning combo was the same in both the midday and evening drawings (#8056).

They said the odds of that happening are 1 in 100 million.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #534271
03/13/09 12:06 PM
03/13/09 12:06 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Imagine living 87 years, being fit enough to ride a bike, and then he burns to death??

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #534280
03/13/09 02:16 PM
03/13/09 02:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's terrible.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #534289
03/13/09 03:05 PM
03/13/09 03:05 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: SC
Here's a weird local story.... an 87 year old man was riding a bike and apparently lit a cigarette. Somehow the cigarette ignited his nylon jacket and the poor guy ended up burning to death. A FedEx truck driver saw what was happening and used a fire extinquisher to douse the flames but it was too late.

Rumor has it that the man, while riding next to the FedEx truck turned to the driver of the truck and asked " Mind if I smoke?" and the Fedex driver responded " I don't care if you burn!"

whistle

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Don Cardi] #534290
03/13/09 03:08 PM
03/13/09 03:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
" Mind if I smoke?" and the Fedex driver responded " I don't care if you burn!"

Said Basil Fomeen to Little Jack Little.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Don Cardi] #534325
03/13/09 09:44 PM
03/13/09 09:44 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
[quote=SC]Rumor has it that the man, while riding next to the FedEx truck turned to the driver of the truck and asked " Mind if I smoke?" and the Fedex driver responded " I don't care if you burn!"

whistle

In that episode of The Honeymooners where Jackie Gleason uttered those lines, Gleason and Carney supposedly ad-libbed most of that scene, including that line.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #534326
03/13/09 10:12 PM
03/13/09 10:12 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
In Hamilton Twp, which is next to my town, in the past week there were two murder/suicides. First one, a man kills his ex-girlfriend in her apartment and then sets it on fire, killing himself. Yesterday a man goes to his wifes place of business - a veterinary office - shoots his wife and then himself. confused

On a lighter side: Recently one of the casinos in Atlantic City had a 100th birthday celebration for one of its devoted patrons. He has been playing poker there for the past 17 years and hasn't missed a day.

Last edited by MaryCas; 03/13/09 10:13 PM.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #534347
03/14/09 04:36 AM
03/14/09 04:36 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Pistons' owner Bill Davidson passed away on Friday. He was 86. Ownership of the team is expected to remain with the Davidson family.

Bill Davidson

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #534349
03/14/09 04:41 AM
03/14/09 04:41 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Lilo,
I think that most of these politicians that get caught is not because they're stupid. I think it's arrogance, plain and simple. They have so bought into their own sense of power that they believe that there is no way they can get caught.

In my former life, I had to deal with politicians all the time. Whenever we gave a luncheon or dinner, we would always make sure to recognize the elected officials in the audience. If, God forbid, we missed someone who came in late or something, you cannot believe the phone call we would get afterwards! Ego, ego, ego.

You're probably right. I just can't imagine either having the time to do all that nonsense at work or being so profoundly arrogant/dumb as to think there wouldn't be consequences. If any of those relationships had gone sour, Kilpatrick left himself wide open for harassment charges. In my workplace it's drilled into people that you DON'T mess around with people that work for you. But as you say Kilpatrick likely thought he was above all that.

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #534442
03/14/09 11:14 PM
03/14/09 11:14 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Don Cardi and I have mentioned this place a few times.... it is arguably the best place in the City for Neapolitan pizza -

Fire Ravages Renowned Pizzeria on Coney Island

NEW YORK - A fire has ravaged a beloved Coney Island pizzeria, causing extensive damage to the 85-year-old business and tourist destination.

The fire department says the blaze at Totonno's broke out between the roof and ceiling around 8:45 a.m. Saturday.

Authorities say three firefighters suffered minor injuries.

Totonno's is known for its delicious, Napolitano-style pizza, made in a coal-burning oven. Pizza connoisseurs consider it some of the best thin-crust pie in the city.

It's unclear what caused the fire and when Totonno's will reopen.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #534697
03/17/09 09:28 PM
03/17/09 09:28 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
This is actually from GEOFF'S neck of the woods, but I saw the dead boy's grandfather interviewed, and he just broke my heart. The poor man could barely speak, he just cried. I couldn't believe that the news crew put him through that.

TOMS RIVER, N.J. - A highly regarded high school wrestler was killed and six others teens hurt when the car they were in struck a utility pole and overturned in Ocean County this weekend.

Toms River police say 17-year-old Anthony Casselli of Roselle Park, a passenger in the vehicle driven by another 17-year-old, died Sunday afternoon at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune. Casselli had competed in the state wrestling championships earlier this month, reaching the pre-quarterfinals round.

It's not clear what caused the crash, which occurred at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday in the southbound lanes of Route 35 and shut down the roadway for several hours.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #534951
03/20/09 05:05 PM
03/20/09 05:05 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
There is no death penalty in Michigan but stories like this make me think maybe there should be. Evil doesn't even begin to describe.. mad

http://www.freep.com/article/20090320/NEWS03/903200369/1005

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #534953
03/20/09 05:13 PM
03/20/09 05:13 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Lilo, where in Michigan are you? I was born/raised in Grand Rapids. wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #534957
03/20/09 06:08 PM
03/20/09 06:08 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Lilo, where in Michigan are you? I was born/raised in Grand Rapids. wink
TIS

I was born and raised in Detroit. I went to college at U-M and by inertia settled in Ypsilanti.. smile

Winter is Coming

Page 10 of 59 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 58 59

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull