DC, give us a break. All you've talked about since the election is that the President is going back on his campaign promises, is no longer talking optimism, has lost his great oratorical skills, needs to start bolstering the people up, quoted a comparison between his election and the plummeting stock market, but then said that you really hope he succeeds.

Oh, and President Bush is a compassionate man? I completely disagree. I think he was so out of touch with the "common man" that he didn't have a clue. When many Americans couldn't afford to fill their gas tanks in order to get to their low-paying jobs, when many Americans were in despair because they didn't think that they could heat their homes over the winter, President Bush was shocked at the price of a gallon of gasoline!! And tell me whatever you will, the fact that it took him days after Katrina to visit New Orleans is no indication of a compassionate man. And, yes, he was on vacation, but he was in Texas, which is pretty close to Lousiana, if I'm not mistaken.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club