Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Obama is walking a tightrope, but in fact he needs to have more of Clinton and Reagan in his PR approach and less Carter or we are headed for trouble.

I agree dontamasso. Both President Reagan and President Clinton, especially President Clinton, like him and support them or not, were great orators in thier own respective ways. And I found during the recent race for the Presidency that then Presidential candidate Barack Obama also had the gift of being an excellent orator. As a matter of fact he is an outstanding orator. However I feel that since taking office he has abandoned his talent for speaking. He seems to have drifted away from a talent that was a huge contributing factor in making the voters believe in him and elect him president. I feel that he needs to go back to his oral strengths, particualry his ability to make people feel confident and positive. Because if he does not, and he continues to constantly talk down the economy the way that he has of late, then the american people will panic and will not use any of what little money they may have left over to help stimulate the economy. Instead they will dwell on the negatives and live in fear and be apprehensive about spending period!

It is still very early in President Obama's term, and for this reason I feel that if he is able to inject a bit more optimism about this country's future and it's economy, it will have a positive effect on the people and their attitude about this country and it's future.

President Obama's credibility is still very high right now and his PR people as well as himself need to realize this. If they take advatage of the high credibility rating that he currently has and use it along with the excellent orating skills that he possesses, I believe that it will help tremendously in making the American people believe in not only him, but the future of this country as a whole.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.