oh my God. that is a hairy question lol anyway good luck irish. don't even tell us what the hell you answered...

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Derek Jeter, Poor Defender: Myth or Fact?

(...) what I've seen and heard from others is that Jeter's biggest problem is his range has diminished dramatically over the last few years.

of course people brought that up at the original site of the article - dugoutcentral.com. the main point is that Jeter does not commit a lot of errors because he does not even get to many balls that an average SS would. "Converting batted balls hit into play into outs is what matters, and he is not very good at it relative to the rest of shortstops in the league".

"It is not about errors, but the amount of plays a defender makes. His range is poor and he does not get to a lot of balls that go through as base hits that would be converted into an out by an average or slightly below average shortstop"

"They (scouts) call him Past-A-Diving Jeter because he is always on his back after balls an average shortstop would get to without diving go in for base knocks"

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk