Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Finally watched them, back-to-back:

Grindhouse is the double-feature featuring:

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof (2007) (Kurt Russell, Zoe Bell, Rosario Dawson). IMDb plot: "Two separate sets of voluptuous women are stalked at different times by a scarred stuntman who uses his 'death proof' cars to execute his murderous plans."

I loved the classic movie "Feature Presentation" and "Restricted" animations in the beginning, but I have to admit the old film effect, while at times creatively placed, was often just distracting -- in both films. But as for Death Proof itself, I thought it started out a bit slow, but halfway into the second story 'til the end, it made up for it and I loved it! Tarantino style throughout.

Robert Rodriguez' Planet Terror (2007) (Rose McGowan, Freddy Rodríguez, Josh Brolin, Bruce Willis). IMDb plot: "After an experimental bio-weapon is released, turning thousands into zombie-like creatures, it's up to a rag-tag group of survivors to stop the infected and those behind its release."

I don't know what it is, but for me I just cannot take zombie movies very seriously. I have yet to see one that looks realistic at all, but maybe that was the intention (being all retro and all). Nothing really new here, but entertaining nonetheless.

Geoff, did how did you watch them? On DVD? Or did you watch the original theatrical release version, with all the fake trailers, streaming on NetFlix?

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes