SVSG,

I guess it all depends on what you like and what you want and what you want to spend. Rooms in Vegas (for the most part) are extremely reasonable. IMHO you get your money's worth in Vegas as far as a room is concerned than anywhere else.

That's not to say you can' spend a lot for a room. The upperend type rooms in the luxury hotels (Wynn comes to mind) can be high like 3/500 a night (depending on what time of the year you are going). There is the Bellagio (which I loved and paid $150 a night a couple years ago. That and the Paris, Venetian are more or less the same calibur. However, they also have cheap rooms (I tend to lean toward those when I am by mysef in Vegas, since I am hardly in myroom) You can get 30 - 50 a night rooms at Imperial Palace, Sahara (Although Saraha is too far down the strip), and even the Flamingo for a little more.

If you don't like to gamble much there are many shows. However figure on spending at least around $100 for a show. For instance, Elton John is very very expensive ($300). Yet, some like Legends run around $50 or so. There are also tours of Lake Mead (helicopter tours too), a Liberace Museum and a wax museaum. I admit though, I have never gone on tours. I enjoy just walking the strip. No where else can you walk down the street with a drink in your hand grin

I'd suggest if you don't want to lose too much money take breaks. Oh, and almost every hotel has lounge acts. Don't be fooled into thinking they are all "rinky dink" tongue. They are mostly very proessional acts and usually a small cover charge or a two drink minimum.

Have fun and win big!!! Hope you enjoy. When are you going anyway?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon