GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Havana, Mafia101), 672 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,345
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,549
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 47 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 46 47
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: DE NIRO] #535330
03/24/09 10:56 AM
03/24/09 10:56 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Oh there is plenty of computers but we are not allowed on any of them frown

We are not to be trusted apparently wink

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #535930
03/30/09 07:09 PM
03/30/09 07:09 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
The best film I've seen this year is Claude Lanzmann's Shoah (1985).

Everyone interested in memory repression, memory itself, the Holocaust, the banality of evil, the question of "Why" and "How" surrounding the Final Solution, the systematic structures of death used by the Nazis, collective social guilt, collective social psychology, racial disdain and global indifference to the Jewish Problem, the ethics of documentary filmmaking, of the interview as interrogator, as primary witness, language, cinematic representations of the past, trauma theory, expressions of the inexpressible...

Everyone should see it. It's nine and a half hours of riveting filmmaking, and I can't stop thinking about it.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #536438
04/04/09 04:03 PM
04/04/09 04:03 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
We actually went to the movies last week (gasp!) and saw "Duplicity". It was enjoyable, some of the scenery was beautiful, and the script and the acting was clever and entertaining. However, it tried a little too hard to be "clever", adding one twist after the other.

It stars Julia Roberts and Clive Owen, with Paul Giamatti as an egotistical, back-stabbing CEO, and IMO, he steals the movie.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #536585
04/06/09 12:42 AM
04/06/09 12:42 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Everyone should see it. It's nine and a half hours of riveting filmmaking, and I can't stop thinking about it.

I was just curious, Capo. Do you view a 9 1/2 hour movie in one day without interruption, or do you take breaks while watching it? I would imagine it is extremely difficult for a movie to stay interesting and compelling for such a long time, but it sounds like this one did.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: klydon1] #536599
04/06/09 06:27 AM
04/06/09 06:27 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I just finished watching (for the first time) one of the best movies I've seen in years ..... "The Majestic" starring Jim Carrey in a totally serious role, and one of the best performances I've seen in MANY years!

Carrey portrays a movie screenwriter in the 1950s Hollywood Communist witch hunt period. He has a car accident and ends up with amnesia in a small Californian town. The local townspeople mistake him for one of their own who they believed was killed in WWII and the movie goes on to show how he affects their lives (positively).

It reminds you immediately of a Frank Capra movie; it has all the hokey, sentimental trappings but they work on every level. It's directed by Frank Darabont - the same guy who screen wrote "Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile" (two of my favorite movies) and this one is every bit as good as those two!

If you haven't seen it, DO SO!! 4 stars for sure!!!!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: SC] #536658
04/06/09 02:25 PM
04/06/09 02:25 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I watched this last month and very much enjoyed it as well..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: klydon1] #536935
04/09/09 08:00 AM
04/09/09 08:00 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: klydon1

I was just curious, Capo. Do you view a 9 1/2 hour movie in one day without interruption, or do you take breaks while watching it? I would imagine it is extremely difficult for a movie to stay interesting and compelling for such a long time, but it sounds like this one did.
I watched it in two sittings, Klyd. Four and a half, then five. In each sitting I had a few mini-breaks at appropriate points. Because it's a succession of "talking heads" (but so much more than that; better seen than read about), I actually think it becomes more compelling the longer you sit and watch it. Breaks can become detrimental to films with this sort of rhythm. Time itself (along with repetition) becomes part of its meaning and power.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #536947
04/09/09 10:26 AM
04/09/09 10:26 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Watched ESSEX BOYS at work last night. One of the better quality UK gangster films,starring Sean Bean. Based on true events as well!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #537086
04/10/09 10:25 AM
04/10/09 10:25 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
During another busy night last night i watched football hooligan film GREEN STREET starring the ferocious hobbit Elijah Wood as an American who gets sucked into the hooligan scene.

Not particularly good but not particularly bad either. If you want to see a proper football hooligan film then FOOTBALL FACTORY is the one!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #537095
04/10/09 11:29 AM
04/10/09 11:29 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I thought Green Street Hooligans was interesting because I didn't know anything about those football "gangs". I'll have to see Football Factory.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Blibbleblabble] #537130
04/10/09 01:59 PM
04/10/09 01:59 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Saty away from Green Street 2 ,,,its shocking..

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Blibbleblabble] #537413
04/13/09 10:32 AM
04/13/09 10:32 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I thought Green Street Hooligans was interesting because I didn't know anything about those football "gangs". I'll have to see Football Factory.

FOOTBALL FACTORY is much better than GREEN STREET Blib,well worth a watch.

DN,i heard that about GREEN STREET 2 as well but i would watch it if i came across it. I have CASS to watch as well,just never got round to it yet.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #537417
04/13/09 10:42 AM
04/13/09 10:42 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Monsters vs. Aliens. - Very amusing and well-written. We enjoyed it, and if you're a fan of animated films, I highly recommend it. The tongue-in-cheek dialogue was very nicely delivered by the various voice-over actors and the bows to other films ("The Blob" just to name one) were done well. I wold go see it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Sicilian Babe] #537420
04/13/09 10:48 AM
04/13/09 10:48 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
My daughter has gone to see that SB this very day. In fact she will be at the cinema now,hope she enjoys it as much as you did!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #537421
04/13/09 11:13 AM
04/13/09 11:13 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I love those types of movies, my two favorite being "The Incredibles" and "Monsters Incorporated".

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #537422
04/13/09 11:17 AM
04/13/09 11:17 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: klydon1

I watched it in two sittings, Klyd. Four and a half, then five. In each sitting I had a few mini-breaks at appropriate points. Because it's a succession of "talking heads" (but so much more than that; better seen than read about), I actually think it becomes more compelling the longer you sit and watch it. Breaks can become detrimental to films with this sort of rhythm. Time itself (along with repetition) becomes part of its meaning and power.

Thank you, Capo. The movie sounds intriguing.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Sicilian Babe] #537494
04/13/09 08:16 PM
04/13/09 08:16 PM
New York
L
Luchese Offline
BANNED AGAIN
Luchese  Offline
BANNED AGAIN
L
Wiseguy
New York
The Omen (2006)

Fantastic, and I'm going to watch the original with Lee Remick later.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Luchese] #537501
04/13/09 09:25 PM
04/13/09 09:25 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Originally Posted By: Luchese
The Omen (2006)

Fantastic, and I'm going to watch the original with Lee Remick later.

I've seen the original and I liked it a lot. I haven't seen the new one. Anyone who has seen both, please compare them!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: svsg] #537513
04/13/09 11:02 PM
04/13/09 11:02 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The other night I watched (again) "The Wild One," without a doubt the most iconic American movie of the Fifties. Despite being a "B" movie (and not a particularly brilliant one at that), "The Wild One" contains one of Brando's most forceful and definitive performances. Every serious compendium of film criticism (print or video) rates this movie at or near the top of the most influential films of the Fifties. Unlike "Streetcar," "On the Waterfront," "Viva Zapata" or "The Men," where Brando was surrounded by other capable actors, here he has a near-solo showcase for his ability to totally dominate everything (although Lee Marvin turns in an early, effective performance as a convincingly wretched fellow-biker).
One of the reasons I love "The Wild One" is that, when it came to our neighborhood moviehouse in '54 (almost a year after it was released), I was the only kid who had a real, leather motorcycle jacket. Andy Warhol once said everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. My 15 minutes of fame came on that matinee when all the neighborhood kids and I watched "The Wild One." And every one of them begged me to let them wear my motorcycle jacket while watching the film. Ah, what a moment... smile Afterward, we all attached a clothespin to a playing card, mounted the clothespin to the rear wheel of our bicycles, and let the playing card flap against the spokes of the wheel--making a sound like a motorcycle. Perfect!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Turnbull] #537551
04/14/09 02:13 PM
04/14/09 02:13 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
That's a great memory, Turnbull. I think we can all sense what it must have felt like to be wearing that jacket in the theatre while watching the movie. smile

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: klydon1] #537564
04/14/09 04:54 PM
04/14/09 04:54 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
sad i only seen two movies with brando in it...the godfather and superman (including those he makes a small part in it).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: BAM_233] #537897
04/17/09 10:49 PM
04/17/09 10:49 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

12 ROUNDS (2009) - ***

(NOTE: This was written weeks back, as you'll obviously detect.)

From the director of DIE HARD 2, the weakest entry of that proud action cinema franchise methinks (though it has its fans) comes his dumbed down, shakey cam remake of DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE, villainy plot twist included. I guess Renny Harlin got jealous that someone shot a better DIE HARD sequel (with better franchise-obligatory twist plot-turn) than him, so I can't wait for his own LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD knock-off.

For years WWE Films, the cinema company endeavor of Vince McMahon's professional wrestling empire has produced many low budget would-be theatrical starring vehicles for his sports entertainers (his wanker "legit" term for wrestlers) and they all were awful. Everyone fucking one of them from the pathetic Kane horrorfest SEE NO EVIL to THE CONDEMNED, a mediocre THE RUNNING MAN knock-off with Stone Cold Steve Austin. WWE Films was on path of becoming the Cannon Films of our time, if not already. This filmography of dishonor would also include THE MARINE, which I reviewed some years back and featured WWE's current top superstar John Cena. It was quite a painful myriad of a very bad unimaginative script, an even more bored villainous Robert Patrick, stupid cartoon physics that would appall Michael Bay, shockingly inappropriate humor about child molestation, and ultimately a fatal miscalculation in framing its star. As I wrote in my review,

"John Cena just isn't an automatic explosions-up-your-ass credible action figure like Arnold Schwarzenegger and lacks instant quiet charisma to for the part that's scripted for him like say Jason Statham. Thing is he is graced with a Matt Damon-esque sympathetic face, except placed on top of a tank body frame, a naturally likeable guy with nary a shade of gray complexity to his character. That fact is probably why at WWE events he gets wild cheers from crowds of kids and women, but booed with utter contempt by adult men, despite supposedly playing the hero.

If the movie was built around his strengths instead of ignoring them, perhaps he would have triumphed in spite of this crap."

Well either WWE Films realized this, or they maybe they read my MARINE reivew (ok probably not), but 12 ROUNDS finally utilizes Cena the action hero as much as they possibly can, and subsequently snap the WWE Films Stink Streak. Congrats guys. Now don't let this get to your head, for I'm not saying that 12 ROUNDS is good per say for God knows its simply a miracle that you all actually produced a watchable film. For perspective's sake, you haven't won the Super Bowl, just the Wildcard Round. But it's a start.

But I will gladly prescribe this to my fellow action cinema junkies who need their weekly fix who don't mind rewatching a film they've practically seen before dozens of times (and will again) as long as they get their quota of explosive action sequences, the narrative energy tempo is somewhat consistently strong, the cliches aren't as well painfully cliche, and the stupidity quota is either not too insulting or not so blatant. They'll mostly be happy to hear that this is Harlin's best work since his primetime days of CLIFFHANGER and DIE HARD 2, though when his subsequent output consists infamous flop CUTTHROAT ISLAND, his spectacular failure EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, and the embarrasing shark flick DEEP BLUE SEA, is that really saying much?

You have your traditional actioneer villain Aidan Gillen, a supposed super-brilliant terrorist (aren't they all?) who Harlin showcases his intelligence with a bromide where the guy is walking by a street chess game, takes over and wins within 60 seconds. Because you see, that chessboard is like an allegory of how Gillen will play Mr. Cena throughout 12 ROUNDS. I'll never listen to it, but I'm pretty sure Harlin will try to impress everyone with how supposedly clever he was on his inevitable DVD audio commentary, so I'm just warning you all. Off-topic, but why is it that only intelligent people (mostly baddies) play chess at the movies? I mean I know chess is slightly more complex than checkers, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to play it.

Of course the FBI guys trailing Gillen also, in another time-honored action cinema tradition, give a pointless briefing to each other of how evil he is. Apparently bombing an American Embassy wasn't bad enough, for he also decapitated his own brother for botching a weapons deal. I'm sure that Thanksgiving family dinner afterwards was fucking awkward as hell. Anyway, he outsmarts the trap, betrays the crooks whom he got to backstab the Feds, and is driving his way to freedom with his woman when he's confronted by lowly New Orleans uniform copper Cena.

Now maybe I ask for too much or not enough, for I was kinda glad that 12 ROUNDS didn't give into temptation that many actioneers do, which is give Cena an early scene or moment where he exhibits his muscles or whatever. The guy is just a nobody policeman probably having to deal on a nightly basis with parking violations, drunk drivers, and the occassional whacked out naked drug addict. You might even become friends with him at the local gym. He's just a meathead jock who rises to the occasion. Yes Harlin still ripping off the original classic DIE HARD here, but hey I would too. Sure I could ponder how he could run through a neighborhood fast enough to cut off the speeding culprits, but instead I'll bring up a shot where Cena stops the villains by pushing a fishing boat hitched to a truck into their way. Like Schwarzenegger holding that giant log over his shoulder with ease in COMMANDO, I couldn't help but grin at such cheeky absurdity. Sorry.

Unfortunately all this was happening in the middle of the street, so the woman gets accidentally run over. Opps. A year later, Cena gets made a detective for apprehending Gillen, no uniform anymore. I appreciate some touches here, like how instead of being a dickhead egomaniac for pulling off what Interpol and FBI couldn't do for years (imagine if a Portuguese meter maid snatched Osama Bin Laden), he's playing billards with his buddies, lamenting how he got that girl killed even if she was a criminal. Well at least Cena isn't playing a mindless flag-waving dumb American here like he was in THE MARINE. I especially liked how despite his heroics he's still a cheapskate asshole at home who won't call the plumber to fix a broken sink.

I could so see John McClane doing that.

Anyway, Gillen escapes from jail, kidnaps Cena's wife, and makes him play his "12 Rounds" of sadistic terror games to win her back. I loved how this campaign begins when Gillen has Cena's car parked outside bombed, which of course draws Cena out, and then he blows up his house. That's a nice way of fucking with the protagonist's head, and I sure hope he had insurance on both.

Much like DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE, Cena and his doomed token black cop partner have to solve riddles, reach destinations in time, all that shit. For example, in a ghetto neighborhood he finds the GPS coordinates of the next target spray painted, which leads to a fire house, where he then has to break into a bank engulfed in flames and unlock specific safety deposit boxes, one which contains a proximity bomb. To disarm it, he has to drive 30 blocks away in 6 minutes (why use a fire truck instead of the faster, better turn-radius government cars?) and then the other box holds phone numbers that...

OK, you get the idea.

12 ROUNDS doesn't win, nor throws in the towel, but prevails barely by split decision. I was pleased to discover myself enaged in my seat for much of the time, whatever that was because it was a John Cena picture from the director of DRIVEN, or because it was raining outside the theatre, I can't tell. Overall It's disposable mindless entertainment, and I wanted to recommend this to general audiences, but I can't due to annoying little details that arise in immediate retrospection.

I mean Cena has to endure alot on this day, yet only gets a slight scratch on his forehead for all his troubles. Buddy, this is a movie, not wrestling! Second, when the head FBI Agent (Steve Harris) is playing with a toy car in stalking Gillen, couldn't Harlin have just left that as a quirky character trait? But noooooo, it had to be a car he found from the wreckage of a plane that Gillen destroyed. I guess it was supposed to redeem Harris for being such a useless obstacle, but who fucking cares? Also I started losing interest by the time of the runaway trolly. At least SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO had the courtesy to know to not overstay its welcome.

Better yet, when the pug was believed to be in the house, I thought that was a bizarre touch. I mean how many action movies have pugs exploding? This is the only one I've seen, though I never saw MILO & OTIS. But shit, that little bastard escaped in time, thanks to an obvious frame from a reshoot. I guess that furball could have run his pudgy legs off, yet why am I criticizing that instead of Cena similarly surviving despite being standing mere feet away from both explosions? Finally, does the gag about getting shot in the ass get laughs anymore?

Unlike so many previous WWE top-belt prima donna main eventers from Hulk Hogan to Shawn Michaels to The Rock and whoever, You rarely hear or read anything remotely negative about Cena's behavior or attitudes backstage within insider publications. In fact, he was rather highly respected within that corporation for his dedicated in doing endless appearances, house shows, interviews, and so forth. Hell until he got recently hitched, the industry joke was that Cena was already married to Vince.

Now there is reportedly grumblings from several of Cena's co-workers. Many feel that WWE spent too much effort and time in promoting 12 ROUNDS instead of this year's Wrestlemania pay per view, their yearly Super Bowl revenue-earner. Obviously McMahon seriously thought 12 ROUNDS would be a breakout hit for Cena and WWE Films, but judging from the abysmal box-office numbers, it instead got knocked out.

Supposedly Cena is booked to win back his title this sunday, so he can quickly go back to his dayjob.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Don Andrew] #538055
04/19/09 07:49 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
In the movie The Natural, why does that women shoot Roy?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: olivant] #538056
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: olivant

I guess because he struck out in bed.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: olivant] #538062
04/19/09 08:33 PM
04/19/09 08:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: olivant

The Movie was made from a novel written by Bernard Malamud. The novel was based on real life baseball player Eddie Waitkus who was shot by an obsessed and deranged stalker in a hotel room in Chicago.

The Natural is probably my favorite all time baseball movie, with Field Of Dreams a very close second.

Roy Hobbs: I coulda been better. I coulda broke every record in the book.
Iris Gaines: And then?
Roy Hobbs: And then? And then when I walked down the street people would've looked and they would've said there goes Roy Hobbs, the best there ever was in this game.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: olivant] #538066
04/19/09 09:24 PM
04/19/09 09:24 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
She was a serial killer who was murdering the athletes who were at the top of their various sports. She was originally after "The Whammer",
Click to reveal..
but when Roy beat him in that little contest during the train stop, she switched her interest to Roy. She wanted to kill the best in the sport, and she felt Roy was, which is why he says what he does about being the best there ever was to Iris.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Sicilian Babe] #538071
04/19/09 10:09 PM
04/19/09 10:09 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Thanks. Didn't she ask him if he was the best? I wondered why she did that. What a wierd perversion - murder the best.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: olivant] #538085
04/20/09 08:50 AM
04/20/09 08:50 AM
New York
L
Luchese Offline
BANNED AGAIN
Luchese  Offline
BANNED AGAIN
L
Wiseguy
New York
The Cigar

Made for TV movie on the life of Carmine Galante. Great stuff. Keep an eye out for Big Joey Massino!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Luchese] #538091
04/20/09 10:00 AM
04/20/09 10:00 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I watched "The Great Escape" on Saturday Night.. Classic war time drama about a bunch of POW who plan there escape. Starring Steve Mcqueen..

3/5

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: DE NIRO] #538109
04/20/09 12:31 PM
04/20/09 12:31 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I watched "The Great Escape" on Saturday Night.. Classic war time drama about a bunch of POW who plan there escape. Starring Steve Mcqueen..

3/5

Is The Great Escape based on a true story? I think it's hilarious that the Nazi's had trouble with guys escaping from POW camps all over the place, so what do they do? They take all of the best escape artists from all of the POW camps, and put them together into one camp so they aren't a problem anymore. Like dozens of escape artists aren't going to work together to hatch some master plan of escape lol.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Page 25 of 47 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 46 47

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull