Ok guys, this is totally not a gag. I haven't checked my voicemail on my cell phone in a few days. I checked today coming home from work and I had 3 voicemails. They were all from Talent Plus (a human resources consulting firm) who were calling on behalf of the New York Yankees. A little while ago I had applied for a position with the Yankees entitled Guest Relations Ambassador. Below is a brief description of the position:

This position is responsible for anticipating needs of guests and executing all requests in a timely fashion. Primary outcomes will include creating an environment and executing service that is second to none, seeking opportunities to create memories by anticipating needs, exceeding expectations and building relationships.

Knowledge/Skills:
 Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
 Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
 Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
 Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
 Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
 Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
 Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.

Talents:
 Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
 Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
 Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
 Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
 Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
 Social Orientation — Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
 Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
 Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.

Deliverables:
 The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and providing assistance.
 The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
 Provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
 Monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arrange for the removal of unruly patrons.
 Keep informed of shut-down and emergency evacuation procedures.
 Announce or describe ballpark attractions to patrons to encourage customers to participate in games and other entertainment.
 Working directly with the public. This includes serving customers inside and outside of the ballpark and receiving clients or guests.
 Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others.

It's just a phone interview but if I do well on it, hopefully it'll work its way into a live interview. I don't know if anyone here is the praying kind but if you are, I would definitely appreciate any and all prayers/positive thoughts. As I'm sure many of you can attest to, working for the New York Yankees would be an absolutely DREAM JOB to me. Unfortunately, the position is only seasonal but if I can get my foot into the door with the Yankees, I'll take it!