Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I watched The Poseidon Adventure (1972) last night and when I saw that Leslie Nielsen was playing the captain, I was like, Oh, no! How can I possibly take his character seriously after Airplane! and the Naked Gun series!! lol ...but luckily his airtime didn't last long (he did fine in the drama, but still!). Decent movie I guess. Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, and Red Buttons were great.

Will have to see how this compares to the Kurt Russell/Richard Dreyfuss remake, Poseidon (2006)...

Well...

The latter -- despite the 21st Century effects that, truthfully, didn't even compare to Titanic (1997) -- sucked in comparison, in every other regard, to the original. In the '72 version at least I gave a shit about anyone surviving; in this case, nah, maybe just the kid, otherwise there was nothing/no one to root for, cuz there was little character development.

Another pointless/shit remake outta the way.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations