Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I heard a local radio talk show host say an interesting thing about Pete Rose. He said he thinks Rose deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but because he is such a jerk, he should be inducted the year after he dies so that he doesn't get any of the fame, or make money from it. Not sure I agree with it, but I can see him going into the Hall of Fame after he dies.

Every July during inductions, Pete Rose would spend the weekend in Cooperstown. Induction weekend in Cooperstown finds many of the Hall of Famers making appearances to sell merchandise and autographs. Rose has - at least he did during the 90s- his own Hall in Cooperstown, and the lines for him were always the longest. His popularity infuriated Johnny Bench and Bob Feller. Mike Scmidt and Reggie Jackson have been Rose's best advocates in the HoF, but if his induction were left to the members of the HoF, it is safe to say he would never get in, nor would many others.

I had Pete Rose sign a photo for me and my sons about 8 years ago. He would love to put HoF at the end of his signature, but for now settles with adding "4256." I would like to see him inducted even though what he did was a baseball mortal sin.

Last edited by klydon1; 02/12/09 09:51 AM.