Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
As someone pointed out, at least he has admitted it.

Yes, he did. I'll give him that. But he really had no choice, did he? I mean, they had him dead to rights on this thing.

I thought the NY tabloids would have been a little kinder to him today for his admission, but they're killing him again. And they're absolutely right in doing so.

Pressure to be the best?

Boo-fucking-hoo. When you're the highest paid player in the land and your agent turns makes it clear that wherever you go, you're bigger than the team, you better fucking deal with it.

It's too hot in Texas? Good catch, Klyd! It's no hotter than Mexico or Africa, countries that produce long distance marathon winners year after year. Nolan Ryan was from Texas wasn't he? Jeez, so many great players came out of Texas, those remarks are just RIDICULOUS.

The Yanks don't need this. The last thing they want is to have anything take away from their history making opening day at the new stadium this year. All of the Yankee greats will be there. Picture them all standing on the third base line. A great day. Yogi's there. All of them are there. And the great Yankees who have left this planet are all there in spirtit.

Then there's A-Rod. Fans holding signs that say CHEAT. LIAR. A-FRAUD. A-ROID. A-HOLE. And on and on and on. I actually feel like his presence is going to diminish that great day.

As for his records and the Hall of Fame? Hey, no Pete rose, no Barry Bonds, no Mark McGuire, no Raphael Palmeiro . . . sorry, no A-Rod.

Believing this guy might have been this good without cheating and then finding out he's a fraud is tantamount to finding out that Babe Ruth corked his bat. I feel like a jerk, because although I'm not a Yankee fan, as a baseball fan it was nice to think that there were at least a couple of guys who hit all those home runs legitimately over the last ten years or so.

When I think of this era, the only unscathed home run hitters I can think of are probably Jeff Kent and Mike Piazza, and their numbers were nowhere near any of these guys.

But at least they were legit.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.