Originally Posted By: BAM_233
well...not second baseman since the only good one i can remember that played was soriono before he got traded (correct me if there was somebody else that played 2nd for the yankees) but yea over the years people will recogonize yankee players over others...i may be wrong though, but i know if you menton mantell alot of people will know that name but if you menton ted williams a few or none will know who that is or what team he even played for. this is what i encounter at times...

So your criticizing the Yankees for having some of the greats to play the game be in their uniform? Sure they had the Babe but so did Boston. Yes they had DiMaggio, Mantle, Ford, Munson, Berra, and countless others.

But what about Ken Griffey Jr? Pete Rose? Sandy Koufax? Hank Aaron? Willie Mays? Barry Bonds? Cy Young? I think you see my point. I somewhat understand and agree with what you said (because a lot of the greats have been Yankees) but please don't say that no one else not in a Yankees uniform doesn't get recognized.