Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
Also, I don't think it would be reasonable to have to find a solution to the question here. No one can say with 100 % certainty whether Chris was a rat or not. That is EXACTLY what Chase wants - if we knew Chris was a rat, then some might view Tony's killing of Chris as justified. If he wasn't a rat, Tony's killing becomes more horrifying. Yet, if we are left with a degree of uncertainty, we are left in Tony's point of view, as we are for most of the show. In season 6B, more than any other season (one could argue), everything is focused on developing our opinions of Tony. What Chase wants is to create an air of disgust and dislike in Tony Soprano. After all, he is a murderer and criminal.

thank you. but there is more... just like in life. i can't prove the cm flipped it is a work of art and not real life and because chase does not allow us to see it happen. i think all of the evidence points to the fact that he did flip. i think this is chase at his best. he developed these characters over time with such complexity that if you are watching closely you can fill in some blanks and deduce a whole separate story line which explains what on the surface be inexplicable behavior, such as: killing JT, the hat, the refusal of treatment, the overly dramatic flipping of the hummer, the mysterious cat staring at his picture...

again this subtlety is the fun of the sopranos. to blow shit off as coincidence or as the result of a concussion, or even to try to understand their behavior through the lens of your own (presumably normal) value system or world view is to miss the greatness of the show. then to me you are just another clown who watched the show just to see paulie occasionally beat people up. to reduce tony to black and white - a monster or not a monster.