Originally Posted By: jimithicke
please answer this honestly. in the sopranos universe, do you think the cops were curious about who murdered jt? do you think that they talked to CM about it? if they did, then why is that not even touched on again? how was the murder kept out of the press? no one here has answered these questions yet.
Honestly, I think your points are all very valid and interesting, but no more so than anyone who might reply with the following:

"But since we don't see Christopher ratting, and all we've got to go on is incidental symbolism from which to extrapolate meanings to suit our purpose, then he isn't a rat. It's not significant enough to be a storyline in itself though, otherwise Chase would have made it a storyline, and it would have been major. Chase isn't that subtle."

In short, I'd be content to say it's a very valid possibility that Christopher was ratting to the Feds. But with the evidence at hand, I remain agnostic, with a preference to saying that No, he wasn't.

Cops would have been curious about who murdered JT, but that's a speculation that could easily be met by positing another what-if: what if Chris rang Benny up, or Little Paulie, and had one of them get rid of the evidence? That's just as rational an assumption as yours, I think. Even if Chris is heavily intoxicated at the time.

The rest of your questions needn't be asked in light of these perpetual, mutually-defeating what-if scenarios. But Yes, if the cops did find the body, and did question Chris, then Chase and his writers are guilty of short-cutting, of leaving us short of reality. But I don't think that the cops seeing JT's body would then be able to leap to the conclusion that Chris did it. It would be long and drawn out, and the Feds would have nothing concrete to pin on him.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 01/20/09 07:43 AM.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?