I don't suppose we've had a thread for this before? I was thinking about it the other day when "Foxy Lady" came up in the music playlist I had on...

What are some songs that you always associate with something else - maybe from a movie or a TV commercial? This happens a lot for me when I'm introduced to the song through that other source first. Or maybe a song just reminds you of certain people or places - some music for me reminds me of a particular time in my life, just because I listened to it a lot at the time.

So, what do you think of when you hear certain songs?

Foxy Lady/Jimi Hendrix - Wayne's World

I'm a big Jimi Hendrix fan now, but I watched Wayne's World all the time when I was younger, and it's difficult for me to listen to it without thinking of Garth doing this...good or bad, I don't know! lol

Bohemian Rhapsody/Queen - Wayne's World

The head-banging part always gives me the mental image of Wayne and his friends. And I love when Garth tries to sing along and isn't getting any of the words right.

Rock and Roll/Led Zeppelin - Cadillac

It seems like this song is used in several things, but I think I know it from the Cadillac commercials. Since my Zep obsession began, however, I've listened to it enough so that I don't think of commercials anymore!

Sing, Sing, Sing/Benny Goodman - Chips Ahoy
I can't find a clip of the commercial, but this song was used for the Chips Ahoy ads - when I first got into jazz, it was the "Chips Ahoy song" to me, until I found out the title.

Scar Tissue/Red Hot Chili Peppers
When I was in 5th grade, we had the coolest math teacher - he was really funny and nice, let us play games when we had free time at the end of class, and would let us listen to the radio sometimes. I think this song had just come out that year because it was on the radio all the time...I never knew the title or artist, but loved hearing it and for some reason always remembered it. I finally found out what it was called when I heard it recently and asked someone the name, and it brought back a flood of memories from that fun class and school year.