Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
"There has never been a kid who didn't believe vaguely but insistently that he would be stricken blind before he reached 21, and then they'd be sorry."

"Soap poisoning!"

I agree, Blibble. This is an all-time classic. My cousin is uncredited in the scene where a high school band is playing during the Santa parade while the Parker's are watching just before going to see Santa. That entire scene was filmed in downtown Cleveland at the Terminal Tower. It's also in the opening scene when the kids are all looking in the storefront windows. I never understood why they made the setting of the movie to be in Indiana.

About the scene with soap poisoning: my three year old boy looks very much like Ralphie when we put some sunglasses on him. Next year, our holiday cards are going to be a picture of my son dressed like Ralphie (hat, shades) with the phrase: "It...it was...soap poisoning!"

The scene that always gets me is when the Old Man is cursing about the car: "that son of a bitch would freeze up in the middle of summer on the equator!"

Other favorites:

"It's a klinker!"
"You can put your arms down when you get to school"
"He looks like a pink nightmare. He looks like a deranged Easter bunny."