Originally Posted By: olivant
Good point DC. In fact, I plan to write my local newspaper and tell them to print good news about the President until such time as all of our wars are won, all international conflicts are resolved, the DOW is back above 14,000, and unemployment is no more than 3%. And while I'm at it, I'll also tell them to stop printing material about Britney Spears and her ilk because it simply reinforces the perceptions about America as a decadent society.

I am in no way saying that our President or President elect are innocent of any wrong doings, screw ups, or that they have not made some poor decisions in their respective political careers. The point that I was trying to make is that the press, and those from either the far left or the far right automatically try to tie our Presidents into every type of scandal that arises with someone that they may have had a dinner with or someone that they may have served on a committee with, for 2 weeks, over 20 years ago. The point that I am trying to make is that the press and the far rightists and leftists have no decency and will do whatever they can, even if it means weaving someone into a scandal that they really don't deserved to be woven into, just to get a story sold or make a memeber of the opposite political party look bad.

But once again, by the reply that you made to my original post, you've proven that your reading comprehension is slipping and your sarcasm has caused you to totally miss the point I was trying to make.

I think that you should start drinking more wine these days. tongue

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.