Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
You're right. I totally forgot about Wang. I can't believe that the Yankees just re-signed him for only $5 million.

Well they resigned him for that amount only because he was eligible for arbitration I believe.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Wang is really underestimated as a pitcher, perhaps because he's missed a part of each season due to injuries. And last year his on-the-road performance certainly improved.

I agree with you and I think Wang's underestimated or in my opinion, underrated simply because he doesn't have dominate/overpowering stuff. When I think of an ace or one of the truly great pitchers of the game, I think of Johan Santana, Roy Halladay, CC Sabathia, Josh Beckett (when healthy), etc. These guys have nasty and at times powerful stuff. Wang doesn't. He is a GREAT sinker ball pitcher, which is his bread and butter but that's why I suspect he's overlooked so often (possibly because he's depending too much on his defense to turn the double play). Wang's not typically a strikeout pitcher, which the rest of these guys are.