I don't know if it's the word "celebrate" -- I "celebrated" Seder with friends once, and I'm not Jewish. I celebrated with them, and with all interest and due respect for it. I'd gladly share in the celebration of any holidays with those who normally practice them -- in fact, I welcome it to learn more about different cultures and beliefs. I really don't think I'm disrespecting their beliefs by my presence in their celebration. And while there, sure, I'm celebrating it whether I personally believe it or not, because it's not about me, it's about them and their beliefs and festivities.

A majority of self-proclaimed Christians don't celebrate the true meaning of Christmas either -- unless you count that one hour in church per year as "celebrating" -- so how can we possibly exclude non-Christians? Most everyone I assume celebrates Easter, but I bet most people don't even know what it means. I don't care if atheists color eggs and eat chocolate rabbits. I don't care if Buddhists put up Christmas trees and sing Silent Night -- and I'm sure pagans don't care if we Christians enjoy their All Hallow's Eve every October 31st while dressed up like hideous evil creatures.

IT'S ALL GOOD.

It's only not good when people start disrespecting other people's beliefs, or prohibiting them from celebrating their holidays. I personally welcome diversity and want to learn what I can from it. But all this nit-picking uptightness about public displays is a disgrace.

It's a shame that Christmas has become a hugely secular holiday beyond its original Christian (and previously pagan) roots. Everyone should celebrate it how they see fit, how they enjoy it, and how they spread joy to others -- whether they're Christian or not. What's more Christian than sharing... including such a joyous holiday?

For some it's Christ's Mass, for others it's Santa Claus and Rudolf. And for many, it's BOTH. Sauseege his own. wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations