Originally Posted By: Afs
Okay, so for the first part the hair stands out. The detached senses of Barton throughout the movie. Sex with the beautiful woman and blood and then "Did you have sexual intercourse?" to the horrified man echoes the same feeling. A detached head perhaps ends up in the box, parallel to the head of Henry and well I suppose that's enough. There, I think that's the similarities I felt in a nutshell.
I had forgotten about these, to be honest. I see what you mean.

Quote:
In order for a movie to connect on some level, you need to define what you want to convey. You as a film maker should have a goal. (Or not! What do I care, but then I wouldn't care for what you do either.) I as a viewer, might get there, or have some other perception. But Lynch doesn't seem to have one. And he says he does things as he goes. So there, that's my problem. I'd like to see work of someone who knows what he wants to do before he starts filming.

Fair enough. I understand you better now. Valid points, too.

Have you seen Blue Velvet? You should definitely see it, to reignite faith in him. smile And The Straight Story, of course. Stay away from Lost Highway and Inland Empire.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?