Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Would you prefer he picked people without experience to lead his national security team? I wouldn't.

Of course not. And I really want him to be a successful President and sincerely hope that his policies and ideas do make things better for all. I do know that I would have felt a lot better had he picked an "experienced" person, perhaps someone like Senator John McCain, to serve as Secretary Of Defense.

You do have to admit Lou that it's really interesting, if not funny, that Obama built a campaign platform calling for "change" all through the democratic campaign and all through the presidential campaign.....and then goes and picks several former Clinton people to serve under him...including Hillary! What happened to all this "CHANGE" that he talked about for the last 9 months?

"We need change from tired Washington insiders and Clinton-era retreads"

-Barack Obama during Democratic debates. These are HIS words, not mine! wink

The Clintons and Bushes have been in power for 20 years. If Obama wants to surround himself with experienced people, they're going to be from one of their administrations. He surely wasn't going to pick Bush people, although he made a smart move keeping Gates around for at least awhile. The stuff that gets said in the primaries always gets forgotten once the general election starts. It no different every 4 years.