All right, so I finally watched "Barton Fink." This one had that "Eraserhead" feeling, and even though I immensely hated "Eraserhead," I liked this one, and there was actually sense behind this movie. Unlike Lynch, who puts together random bits with little purpose, and then quite rightfully insists on everyone forming their own understanding of the piece he has no understanding himself, sitting back and reading the interpretations of his fans, nowadays on his forum.

And while many want to say the jab meant to hit Hollywood as Hellywood, I think the hardest hits the jaws of elitist writers who claim they care about common men and want to write about them, while recoiling from all that's common. Not that there's anything wrong about being elite, but it is pure hypocrisy to claim they want to have to do anything with common man. If anything, Hollywood movies have dominated the common man's taste, and common man lives in this hell, let the records of box office back up this assessment.

Barton Fink is too good to listen to his common man neighbor, drink, or like another writer, rip off the ideas of someone else. And that's exactly why he's got writers' block and wouldn't be able to write for common man, because he lacks the empathy needed to know them inside and out. He might choose to live amongst common men, but he takes refuge in the idealistic picture over his desk. And yet he ends up doing all those things he looked down on, making the last third of the movie quite eventful compared to the first eventless part, that rightfully builds up the atmosphere.

He not only doesn't make any changes, he isn't able to see how the atmosphere of the society changes in 40s, everyone rooting for power, violence, and war.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones