GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 497 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 95 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 94 95
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #521550
11/22/08 11:35 AM
11/22/08 11:35 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
This would be a superb choice. Obama is putting together quite a team (although I am nervous about Hillary).

Hillary is like the Angeline Jolie of American Politics...an Attention-whore Drama Queen.

What are you talking about? Senator Clinton was twice chosen by a sizeable number of the people of New York to be one of their US Senators. She was selected by an even greater number of people across the US to be the Democratic Party's presidential nominee. You ought to show her respect for achievements which, by the way, you can't match.

Dude, Jolie is an Oscar-winning actress has given here and there some terrific performances.

But she still is an attention whore Drama Queen.

The same with Hillary, and despite my personal dislike for her, she is the closest we've gotten to a female President in our history, with some 18 million primary votes, and the first First Lady to be elected to office.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #521553
11/22/08 11:53 AM
11/22/08 11:53 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I am disappointed in the Hillary pick, but not because I don't think she's capable. I just don't care for her anymore (personally). However, I do think it most likely is a very smart political move because she IS well respected and liked throughout the world, and is a smart woman. I give Obama credit for having the guts for this pick. As long as she knows who's boss, it'll probably work out just fine (I hope anyway).
ohwell

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #521561
11/22/08 12:05 PM
11/22/08 12:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
He's the boss, Tis. If she doesn't like being told what to do, she can resign.

It's a good move by Obama because it gets her out of the Senate, where she can make all kinds of noise about him, with an "I-told-you-so" type of attitude.

I doubt there's any real trust between the two of them.

I'm just thrilled to get her the Hell out of New York. lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #521570
11/22/08 12:45 PM
11/22/08 12:45 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I am disappointed in the Hillary pick, but not because I don't think she's capable. I just don't care for her anymore (personally). However, I do think it most likely is a very smart political move because she IS well respected and liked throughout the world, and is a smart woman. I give Obama credit for having the guts for this pick. As long as she knows who's boss, it'll probably work out just fine (I hope anyway).
ohwell

TIS

I think I said it before, but I believe this was a deal in the works that was made a long time ago, in order to get the Clintons on board during the campaign. She had to have been promised something.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #521575
11/22/08 01:31 PM
11/22/08 01:31 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
What pisses me off is that the article in my local paper today says that the Governor will likely pick someone from upstate NY (Niagara Falls area) to fill her seat. NY is such a complicated state, with the needs of the Niagara region so different from the needs of the downstate region. There, the economy was depressed long before it hit here. Plus, the cost of living is so much less there. With someone from upstate in the seat, how can they really represent the downstate area???

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #521975
11/24/08 06:52 PM
11/24/08 06:52 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Obama: Congress right in sending Detroit 3 back empty-handed

http://www.freep.com/article/20081124/BUSINESS01/81124033

This is how I wish the auto industry CEO's had responded to the Congress and President-Elect.. mad

Feds: "So we won't approve a loan until you can show us a plan and agree to produce cars we think you should sell.."

Auto Industry: "Now Citigroup and AIG have already received over $50 Billion in GRANTS, not loans, and are getting more as we speak, is that right?"

Feds: "That's right."

Auto Industry: "So why on earth would we consider accepting anything other than what they got?"

Feds: "Because we don't like you. You and your gas guzzling old industry Midwestern dinosaurs and corrupt greedy unions. You come out here to Washington D.C. and pollute this nice clean place. Oh we'll do business with you but we despise you. None of us would drive an American vehicle if we didn't need the votes from your simple minded workers. Now don't talk to us again. When you decide on your answer, contact Axelrod or Waxman."

Auto Industry: "You can have my answer now if you like."

Feds: "Yes?"

Auto Industry: "My answer is this. No. We will take the same bailout you're giving to Citigroup and AIG. And no on the "business plan" either, which I would appreciate if you personally created for us."

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #521982
11/24/08 08:46 PM
11/24/08 08:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It's not out of the question that Bill Clinton would be nominated to take Hillary's Senate seat.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #522042
11/25/08 12:58 PM
11/25/08 12:58 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: olivant
It's not out of the question that Bill Clinton would be nominated to take Hillary's Senate seat.

Bill Clinton in the Senate? His ego could not take it.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #522045
11/25/08 01:20 PM
11/25/08 01:20 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Why don't the Gov. just nominate himself?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #522050
11/25/08 02:06 PM
11/25/08 02:06 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Why don't the Gov. just nominate himself?

He said he didn't want it and that he wants to run for re-election in 2010 or 2012 or whatever. My money is on Andrew Cuomo...it removes a political threat to Patterson in his bid for re-election.
Long shot....Caroline Kennedy.

BTW why do they have to have someone from upstate? I don't remember any upstate NY senators. RFK, Damato, Schumer, Hillary Javits all from down state.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #522053
11/25/08 02:11 PM
11/25/08 02:11 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Because upstate is where the energy is, my friend - Niagara Mohawk and all of its hydropower.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #522195
11/26/08 12:15 AM
11/26/08 12:15 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

chicagotribune.com
Gates to remain as defense secretary

By Julian E. Barnes, Paul Richter and Christi Parsons

Tribune reporters

9:39 PM CST, November 25, 2008

WASHINGTON

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates has agreed to serve in President-elect Barack Obama's Cabinet, advisors said Tuesday, setting up the unusual situation in which a wartime Pentagon chief remains to work under a president who has condemned the previous administration's policies.

An official close to the Obama transition team said it was likely Gates would be named Defense secretary when the president-elect begins to unveil his national security team in announcements expected next week.

A former government official who has advised the Obama transition said that it was "99% certain" that Gates would remain as Defense secretary for about a year in the Obama adminitration.

"Nothing is definitive," the fomer official said. "But Gates did agree to stay on."

Advisors also said that Obama appears poised to name Gen. James L. Jones, a former Marine commandant and onetime supreme allied commander of NATO, as his national security advisor.

In both men, Obama apparently has settled on respected defense leaders who have worked well with ranking officials of both political parties and would have been welcomed in either a Democratic or Republican White House.

In two years as Defense secretary, Gates has stepped off considerable distance from the approach and policies of his predecessor, Donald H. Rumsfeld, and projected an image of independence from President Bush, including over the nation's ongoing wars.

As early as his Senate confirmation hearing, Gates shunned the administration's stubborn insistence that it was winning the war in Iraq, and has represented a potent check against White House troop strategies.

But along with his non-partisan appeal, Gates is valued as a careful steward whose execution of White House policy is marked by caution and an aversion to acting precipitously. For Obama, who wants to remove U.S. combat brigades quickly, support from Gates would provide considerable credibility for the new administration's policies.

Talk of a possible partnership between Obama and Gates has circulated since early this year. But for much of that time, military officials have voiced concern over Obama's proposed timetable for withdrawal.

However, a recent accord between U.S. and Iraqi officials sets a withdrawal timeline similar to Obama's proposal, narrowing differences between the two sides in the debate and easing military resistance to Obama.

Not all details have been worked out, those familiar with some of the talks said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the appointment has not been made publicly.

The former government official said some difficult issues may still be unresolved, including questions deputies who Gates will be allowed to keep, and which Pentagon jobs Obama's transition team will fill.

"The real issue is: Who does Gates keep, and does Obama have a say in what team is there," the official said.

Gates may want Gordon England to remain as deputy Defense secretary, the official said. But some Obama transition officials have indicated they want that job to go to Richard Danzig, a top foreign policy adviser to Obama. Danzig then could be nominated for the secretary's position when Gates leaves.

The negotiations over such details could prompt Gates to change his mind, the former official said, but added he considered that possibility to be remote.

Senior advisors to Gates remained tightlipped on Tuesday, and military officials said they did not know what Gates had decided to do. Gen. Norton A. Schwartz, the Air Force chief of staff, said he didn't know whether Gates would stay on, but said he hoped he would.

"If the president-elect has prevailed on the secretary to stay, I think that would be a healthy thing, a good thing," Schwartz said. "For stability and continuity it is a good thing."

Since joining the Bush administration, Gates has insisted he plans to leave government service when a new president arrives and retire to his home in Washington state. But he also has criticized military commanders for what he has seen as a failure to adequately equip and protect rank-and-file troops, leading some who know him to suspect he would remain in the job if possible.

A chief motivation for him staying on for a period of about a year would be to provide a smooth transition. Obama's defense transition team began meeting with leaders of the military services this week, receiving unclassified briefings on priorities and needs.

Gates also was seen as a likely pick for Republican presidential John McCain, who differed sharply with Obama on the wisdom of invading Iraq and proposals for getting out.

Obama is expected to broaden his administration's military depth next week by naming Jones, 64, as his national security advisor, advisors said.

Jones is known as a nonpartisan, centrist figure who is respected by Congress and the military.

Like Gates, Jones was courted by campaigns of both parties in the past two years. He was approached by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in 2006 to be her deputy, but declined her offer.

Analysts believe Jones would be a strong figure in the White House job, able to hold his own against bureaucratic challenges from the Pentagon and the State Department. Obama's team believes too much power has migrated to the Pentagon since the Iraq war began, and would prefer to restore the White House's role at the center of command.

However, Jones has not agreed with all of Obama's stances. He has said that the United States should not set a deadline for departure from Iraq.

Jones has been serving as a Bush administration Mideast envoy charged with helping reorganize the troubled Palestinian security forces. He grew up in France, where his father was an International Harvester executive, and speaks fluent French.

Next week's appointments are likely to include Hillary Clinton as secretary of State. Clinton has agreed to accept the post, giving a central administration role to Obama's main primary election opponent.

Obama also is expected to appoint James B. Steinberg, who was deputy national security advisor in the Clinton years, to be deputy secretary of State under Clinton. Steinberg is known as brainy and intense, and could help backstop Clinton in areas in which she is less familiar.

Obama is expected to make Thomas E. Donilon, a former State Department official and close Clinton ally, to be deputy national security adviser.

Kurt Campbell, who was the top East Asia official in the Clinton Pentagon, is expected to return to the defense department in another top post. Campbell, Donilon and Steinberg have worked together, and are considered close friends.

Susan E. Rice, a former assistant secretary of state and one of the original Obama foreign policy advisers, is expected to be chosen U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #522406
11/28/08 04:52 PM
11/28/08 04:52 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Interesting fascinating TIME article on how the Obama-transisitional Administration is planning with the Democratic Congress to get that economical stimulus package ready for Obama's pen on January 20.

That's right, hours after he is sworn in, he plans to sign it at the Capitol building. Forget his first 100 Days, how about his first 100 hours?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1862452-1,00.html

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #522537
11/30/08 12:05 AM
11/30/08 12:05 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Oh and ABC News reports that Susan Rice will be US Ambassador to the UN.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #522637
11/30/08 06:39 PM
11/30/08 06:39 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Officials: Obama set to introduce Clinton
Move would turn once-bitter rivalry into a high-profile diplomatic union
The Associated Press
updated 12:32 p.m. ET, Sun., Nov. 30, 2008

A deal with Bill Clinton over his post-White House work helped clear the way for Hillary Rodham Clinton to join President-elect Barack Obama's national security team as secretary of state, reshaping a once-bitter rivalry into a high-profile strategic and diplomatic union.

Obama was to be joined by the New York senator at a Chicago news conference Monday, Democratic officials said, where he also planned to announce that Defense Secretary Robert Gates would remain in his job for a year or more and that retired Marine General James M. Jones would serve as national security adviser.

The officials requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly for the transition team.

Concessions by former President Clinton
To make it possible for his wife to become the top U.S. diplomat, the officials said, former President Clinton agreed:
# to disclose the names of every contributor to his foundation since its inception in 1997 and all contributors going forward.
# to refuse donations from foreign governments to the Clinton Global Initiative, his annual charitable conference.
# to cease holding CGI meetings overseas.
# to volunteer to step away from day-to-day management of the foundation while his wife is secretary of state.
# to submit his speaking schedule to review by the State Department and White House counsel.
# to submit any new sources of income to a similar ethical review.

Bill Clinton's business deals and global charitable endeavors had been expected to create problems for the former first lady's nomination. But in negotiations with the Obama transition team, the former president agreed to several measures designed to bring transparency to those activities.

"It's a big step," said Sen. Richard G. Lugar of Indiana, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, who said he plans to vote to confirm Clinton.

The former president long had refused to disclose the identities of contributors to his foundation, saying many gave money on condition that they not be identified.

Putting together a 'team of rivals'
Lugar said there would still be "legitimate questions" raised about the former president's extensive international involvement. "I don't know how, given all of our ethics standards now, anyone quite measures up to this who has such cosmic ties, but ... hopefully, this team of rivals will work," Lugar said.

Obama's choice of Hillary Clinton was an extraordinary gesture of good will after a year in which the two rivals competed for the Democratic nomination in a long, bitter primary battle.

They clashed repeatedly on foreign affairs. Obama criticized Clinton for her vote to authorize the Iraq war. Clinton said Obama lacked the experience to be president and she chided him for saying he would meet with leaders of nations such as Iran and Cuba without conditions.

The bitterness began melting away in June after Clinton ended her campaign and endorsed Obama. She went on to campaign for him in his general election contest against Republican Sen. John McCain.

Advisers said Obama had for several months envisioned Clinton as his top diplomat, and he invited her to Chicago to discuss the job just a week after the Nov. 4 election. The two met privately Nov. 13 in Obama's transition office in downtown Chicago.

Clinton was said to be interested and then to waver, concerned about relinquishing her Senate seat and the political independence it conferred. Those concerns were largely resolved after Obama assured her she would be able to choose a staff and have direct access to him, advisers said.

No leadership prospects in Senate
Remaining in the Senate also may not have been an attractive choice for Clinton. Despite her political celebrity, she is a relatively junior senator without prospects for a leadership position or committee chairmanship anytime soon.

Some Democrats and government insiders have questioned whether Clinton is too independent and politically ambitious to serve Obama as secretary of state. But a senior Obama adviser has said the president-elect had been enthusiastic about naming Clinton to the position from the start, believing she would bring instant stature and credibility to U.S. diplomatic relations and the advantages to her serving far outweigh potential downsides.

Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said the Clintons will have to tread carefully to avoid the appearance of conflicts.

"The presumption will be that both Secretary of State Clinton and former President Clinton will be very judicious in what they take on, because there's a new dimension here," Reed said.

Lugar and Reed both spoke on ABC's "This Week."

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #522733
12/01/08 11:59 AM
12/01/08 11:59 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
It's official - Obama named Hillary Clinton as his choice to be the new Secretary of State.

She's a tough old bird and FWIW I think she'll do a good job in that position.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #522734
12/01/08 12:08 PM
12/01/08 12:08 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Robert Gates to remain Secretary of Defense; Eric Holder named as Attorney General; Governor Janet Napalitano named as head of Homeland Security; Susan Rice named as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations; General James Jones named as National Security Advisor.

Obama has assembled some good, young talent and by surrounding himself with such knowledgable and capable people will enable himself to get off to a great start in office.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #522737
12/01/08 12:15 PM
12/01/08 12:15 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Poor Susan Rice could barely see over the podium. lol

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #522756
12/01/08 01:59 PM
12/01/08 01:59 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: SC
Robert Gates to remain Secretary of Defense; Eric Holder named as Attorney General; Governor Janet Napalitano named as head of Homeland Security; Susan Rice named as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations; General James Jones named as National Security Advisor.

Obama has assembled some good, young talent and by surrounding himself with such knowledgable and capable people will enable himself to get off to a great start in office.

Agreed this is a top flight team, and with all that's going on we are going to need them. So far so good for Obama.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #522759
12/01/08 02:12 PM
12/01/08 02:12 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Just Lou

The only issue I had with her "speech" was that she mentioned how it was the U.S. who started the United Nations... not a particularly smart political statement.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #522760
12/01/08 02:15 PM
12/01/08 02:15 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I missed most of what she said because I was on the phone.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #522762
12/01/08 02:48 PM
12/01/08 02:48 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The only issue I had with her "speech" was that she mentioned how it was the U.S. who started the United Nations... not a particularly smart political statement.

SC, I think the U.S. pretty much did start the U.N. It was, as I recall FDR's idea. The Rockefellers donated the land where it sits in New York. The concept of the U.N. was to create a kind of world parliament which was to have powers much greater than the league of Nations. FDR, and the Brits believed that in such a parliament we could outmaneuver totalitarian regimes such as the USSR and get things done. OF course as soon as they crested the security council where the old USSR had a veto, the UN becme little more than a debating society.

Personally I think it is a great concept, but in truth no one is really going to give up sovereignty and come under the U.N.'s thumb. That said there is a window of opportunity for the N to become active in so called "failed states" and supposedly Rice is big on Genocide, hunger etc., and we could put some focus on Africa.

For rhetorical reasons, I think it might be in the U.S. and European's interests to start talking about sections of eastern Pakistan as a "failed state" to try to bring that government to heel and allow elite US forces to go in there and knock out some of the crazies holed up there.

It might also be useful to start to divide the Muslims into one camp that wants to educate their children and have a better world from the radicals who want to impose Sharia law on everyone. Its a long slog, but you gotta start with rhetoric to get anywhere.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #522765
12/01/08 02:54 PM
12/01/08 02:54 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Obama named Hillary Clinton as his choice to be the new Secretary of State.

"It is very difficult having a standup debate with you because you never take responsibility for any vote. It's just very difficult to get a straight answer."

-Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama

"Sometimes it's difficult to understand what Sen. Obama has said because as soon as he is confronted on it he says that's not what he meant."

- Hillary Clinton

“Shame on you, Barack Obama. It is time you ran a campaign consistent with your messages in public.”

- Hillary Clinton

"You represent change you can Xerox."

- Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama

She's right about change that can be Xeroxed :

Robert Gates was picked as Secretary of Defense; Eric Holder was named as Attorney General; Rahm Emanuel as Chief of staff; Hillary Clinton, secretary of state; and former energy secretary Bill Richardson is being considered as commerce secretary. Weren't these people referred to as "the Clinton era retreads?" :

"We need change from tired Washington insiders and Clinton-era retreads"

-Barack Obama during Democratic debates.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Don Cardi] #522767
12/01/08 03:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Give it up, Cardi. It's politics.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Don Cardi] #522769
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

All I know is, things were pretty good during the "Clinton era". Or at least they seemed real good compared to the Bush error. Would you prefer he picked people without experience to lead his national security team? I wouldn't.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Don Cardi] #522772
12/01/08 03:43 PM
12/01/08 03:43 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Quote:
Obama named Hillary Clinton as his choice to be the new Secretary of State.

"It is very difficult having a standup debate with you because you never take responsibility for any vote. It's just very difficult to get a straight answer."

-Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama

"Sometimes it's difficult to understand what Sen. Obama has said because as soon as he is confronted on it he says that's not what he meant."

- Hillary Clinton

“Shame on you, Barack Obama. It is time you ran a campaign consistent with your messages in public.”

- Hillary Clinton

"You represent change you can Xerox."

- Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama

She's right about change that can be Xeroxed :

Robert Gates was picked as Secretary of Defense; Eric Holder was named as Attorney General; Rahm Emanuel as Chief of staff; Hillary Clinton, secretary of state; and former energy secretary Bill Richardson is being considered as commerce secretary. Weren't these people referred to as "the Clinton era retreads?" :

-Barack Obama during Democratic debates.

Don Cardi, Don Cardi, I understand how hard you are taking this election, but when you come to these boards you should understand what these pezzanovante say to one another in their campaigns has little to do with what they do when they get into office. It was not so long ago I racall the term "compassionate conservative" being bandied about by that Texas politician who you had in your pocket like so many nickels and dimes. You come here and ask for fair judgment on Obama, but he is not even sworn in yet so there can be no judgment. If you had come to here in friendship and respect we could reason together without having to broadcast to everyone what we are thinking. Please my friend, stop acting like a Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman. You look terrible. I want you to eat. Get some rest. This Marine big shot who is the chief foreign policy advisor will give you some comfort.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #522781
12/01/08 04:49 PM
12/01/08 04:49 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

[/quote]

Don Cardi, Don Cardi, I understand how hard you are taking this election, but when you come to these boards you should understand what these pezzanovante say to one another in their campaigns has little to do with what they do when they get into office. It was not so long ago I racall the term "compassionate conservative" being bandied about by that Texas politician who you had in your pocket like so many nickels and dimes. You come here and ask for fair judgment on Obama, but he is not even sworn in yet so there can be no judgment. If you had come to here in friendship and respect we could reason together without having to broadcast to everyone what we are thinking. Please my friend, stop acting like a Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman. You look terrible. I want you to eat. Get some rest. This Marine big shot who is the chief foreign policy advisor will give you some comfort. [/quote]

"Let's hit 'em while we got the muscle."

Last edited by olivant; 12/01/08 04:50 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #522782
12/01/08 04:52 PM
12/01/08 04:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Let's see, Clinton-era retreads, when there was low unemployment and prosperity, or 4 more years of policies similar to the current administration's failed ones?? Hmmmmm...OK!! I take the retreads!!!!

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #522785
12/01/08 05:01 PM
12/01/08 05:01 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

They are not "retreads" they were all young up and coming assistants. Its not like they are bringing Warren Christoher back.

Sec. Defense Gates a "retread"??
Former Marine Corps Commandant a "retread?"
Governor of Arizona (the next blue state) a "retread?"

P.S. That booming noise you hear is Rush Limbaugh's head exploding.

Last edited by dontomasso; 12/01/08 05:02 PM.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #522787
12/01/08 05:13 PM
12/01/08 05:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Would you prefer he picked people without experience to lead his national security team? I wouldn't.

Of course not. And I really want him to be a successful President and sincerely hope that his policies and ideas do make things better for all. I do know that I would have felt a lot better had he picked an "experienced" person, perhaps someone like Senator John McCain, to serve as Secretary Of Defense.

You do have to admit Lou that it's really interesting, if not funny, that Obama built a campaign platform calling for "change" all through the democratic campaign and all through the presidential campaign.....and then goes and picks several former Clinton people to serve under him...including Hillary! What happened to all this "CHANGE" that he talked about for the last 9 months?

-Barack Obama during Democratic debates. These are HIS words, not mine! wink

Don Cardi, Don Cardi, I understand how hard you are taking this election, but when you come to these boards you should understand what these pezzanovante say to one another in their campaigns has little to do with what they do when they get into office. It was not so long ago I racall the term "compassionate conservative" being bandied about by that Texas politician who you had in your pocket like so many nickels and dimes. You come here and ask for fair judgment on Obama, but he is not even sworn in yet so there can be no judgment. If you had come to here in friendship and respect we could reason together without having to broadcast to everyone what we are thinking. Please my friend, stop acting like a Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman. You look terrible. I want you to eat. Get some rest. This Marine big shot who is the chief foreign policy advisor will give you some comfort.

dontomasso, I said that I would listen to you because, I heard that you're a serious man, to be treated with respect.

But uh, I must say "no" to you -- and I'll give you my reasons. It's true, I have a lot of friends in politics, but they wouldn't be friendly very long if they knew that I supported Hillary Clinton for this position. Hillary is a dirty whoring power monger. It -- makes -- it doesn't make any difference to me who a man votes for, understand. But your party's pick is ah -- a little dangerous. I don't like Clinton's kind of people. I don't like to see her come out to represent this clean country with her horrible hair -- dressed up in those silk pantsuits - and try to pass herself off as decent a American. And -- the dishonest way she poses yourself. Her and her whole fucking family. We may be part of the same hypocrisy, but don't ever think that it applies to my family.

They are not "retreads" they were all young up and coming assistants. Its not like they are bringing Warren Christoher back.

Sec. Defense Gates a "retread"??
Former Marine Corps Commandant a "retread?"
Governor of Arizona (the next blue state) a "retread?".

Hillary Clinton, and up and coming assistant?
Rahm Emanuel, and up and coming assitant?

The only positive out of Hillary being picked for this position is that she will be gone as the Senator of my state! clap

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Let's see, Clinton-era retreads,

Again SB, President Elect Barack Obama's words....not mine. Perhaps you should e-mail HIM and ask HIM why he referred to them as "Clinton Era Retreads." wink

It's politics.

My point exactly!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Page 8 of 95 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 94 95

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull