Obama: Congress right in sending Detroit 3 back empty-handed

http://www.freep.com/article/20081124/BUSINESS01/81124033

This is how I wish the auto industry CEO's had responded to the Congress and President-Elect.. mad

Feds: "So we won't approve a loan until you can show us a plan and agree to produce cars we think you should sell.."

Auto Industry: "Now Citigroup and AIG have already received over $50 Billion in GRANTS, not loans, and are getting more as we speak, is that right?"

Feds: "That's right."

Auto Industry: "So why on earth would we consider accepting anything other than what they got?"

Feds: "Because we don't like you. You and your gas guzzling old industry Midwestern dinosaurs and corrupt greedy unions. You come out here to Washington D.C. and pollute this nice clean place. Oh we'll do business with you but we despise you. None of us would drive an American vehicle if we didn't need the votes from your simple minded workers. Now don't talk to us again. When you decide on your answer, contact Axelrod or Waxman."

Auto Industry: "You can have my answer now if you like."

Feds: "Yes?"

Auto Industry: "My answer is this. No. We will take the same bailout you're giving to Citigroup and AIG. And no on the "business plan" either, which I would appreciate if you personally created for us."

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.