This is more of a "Catholic" story than a childhood memory, although it did involve childish behavior. When we were seniors at an all boys Catholic School, we had to go for a three day retreat where they pretty much had us praying and going to confession, fasting and all the rest. Naturally many of the group brought an ample supply of alcohol to the event, and the first night everyone was pretty hammered. After "lights out" many students rn wild through the hallways, setting off fire alarms, and reaking total havoc. To say the least the people running the retreat let alone out teachers who accompanied us were very pleased. At 3:00 A.M. we were marched into a darkened chapel where an eerie light shone up at the face of a priest who read us the liturgical riot act, all but damning our souls to hell. This dude was SCARY. Then, at they end of his tirade he made us all kneel down and as a "sacrifice" made everyone spread his arms as if we were crucified for three minutes. After about two minutes of this, arms get VERY heavy and people were haveing obvious trouble
holding the position. As about half the arms dropped this priest, still glaring at us said "Jesus had his arms stretched like that for three hours, yet none of you can do it for three minutes. From the back of the group someone shouted, "Yeah, but he had nails to hold his hands up." I never laughed so hard in my life. The following morning the retreat was cancelled, we were put on a bus and sent home.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."