Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I don't want to start up a new thread on this because it's been discussed to death BUT I wrote out a check and noticed the date: NOV. 22......after all these years and years and years, I think back Nov. 22, 1963....I was in 10th grade, 5th period English class with Mrs. Bergstrom when they announced tht JFK was killed. frown This event remains so vividly in my mind.

I think all of us over 50 will always remember where we were and the circumstances when we heard the news that JFK was killed.

Like you, TIS, I was in school. It was the class right after lunch (Spanish) and one of the other Spanish teachers came running in and shouted something to our teacher in Spanish. It was then that our teacher translated for us and about a minute later the principal made an announcement on the school p.a. for all students to return to their homerooms. We were let out early, and I walked home crying.

On the way home I passed a store that sold tv's, and in those days they used to line up about ten tv's in the windows, each showing how good the picture looked. All the sets were tuned to CBS and I saw (but couldn't hear) Walter Cronkite on air announcing that JFK was dead. There was a crowd of people around the store window and everybody just stood there silently, some crying.