Rosato definitely intended to kill Frankie. The copo just interrupted the process. That happened to be a good break for Roth as he could now use Frankie to get Michael. It is interesting that Roth had to apparently keep Frankie under wraps as it was clear that Michael thought Frankie was killed ("Who gave the order. I know I didn't"). We all know how Frankie felt about Roth so how Roth ever got Frankie to turn, even if he (Frankie)thought that Michael tried to kill him, is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

As for the seen with his brother at the hearing, all you have to do is look at Vincenzo's facial expression when he first sees his brother. It is clear that this is an issue of honor and not one of fear that Vincenzo would get whacked by Michael. How is it that Michael would have been able to get Vincenzo to America on such short notice. He was clearly there on his own volition.

But hear's another question: Why would Willie Cheech sing to the Feds. Did Roth get to him too, and if so, how?