Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
. We have created a generation that has no respect for money or patience to actually save before they buy something.

I agree 100%!!! You're absolutely right about that!!!!

Absolutely. It is all about instant gratification and not understanding the value of saving up for things instead of pretenting a credit card limit is tantamont to cash. In some societies it is considered shameful to be in debt, but not in ours.
It is amazing the crap people acumulate, and the false "needs" the marketplace has
made. Look at music. First it was Vinyl. Then more and more expensive stereo systems with huge speakers, etc. Then came tapes. Then CD's (which were never supposed to break or skip or stop working) now I Pods. As soon as this stuff comes out people stampede like out of control cattle to buy this crap on credit.

Last week I bought my first flat screen television after my old Sharp color set finally died. I paid $549 for 32 inch set. The same set was about 2 grand a couple of years ago, and I actually had people making fun of me back then for not having an "up to date" television. With that mentality its no wonder we are in this mess. And, Yes, I am saying we can point fingers at Clinton, Bush, Greedy Corporations, Banks, and all the rest, but we also beed to do a gut check and take a look in the mirror.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."