You are 100% right, DS. I drove a Buick, and it was my 3rd GM. It was not an inexpensive car by any means. It had 46,000 miles on it when I turned it in. I had replaced 6 tires on the car. I had it aligned, it had never been in an accident, and I had the tires rotated every other oil change. The buttons on the radio had chipped paint, the leather on the seats was cheap. The housing on one of the fog lights was broken. When you moved the front seats forward, you could see the housing for the power seats from the back of the car if you bent down. Oh, and it handled like crap. My husband referred to it as the sow on wheels. And even though it was supposed to get 28 mpg on the highway, in all the four years I leased it, I never got more than 17.5 overall.

I leased GMs because I thought that they were decent cars. The Rendezvous, which I had before this one, had heat that didn't work. The fan would blow like crazy, but the it would take forever for it to get warm. GM even sent someone from the factory to try and fix it, and paid for a rental car for me while they worked on it. They never were able to fix it. Their solution? Shrug their shoulders and give it back.

GMAC used to offer incentives to keep their GM customers, letting you out of leases early if you leased another car. With the current credit crunch, plus the fact that they got hosed on residuals for all their giant SUVS, they're now out of the leasing business. They had nothing to offer me.

I couldn't wait to dump it and get my nice Honda Accord.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club