SB my mom made bubbaluci a oouple times. As great a cook as my mom is, I could never bring myself to eat snails. panic I think my sister felt the same way.

As far as AC, I don't think homes back then (in Michigan) were built with AC...at least not until later years. Back in 1964 or so, my dad bought a brand new house and it didn't have AC or a dishwasher for that matter. So, I don't know. Now they have had a couple condos and they are built with AC.

Anyway, I miss front porches. We always had a swing (or glider as my mom would call it). On a hot night we'd sit outside to stay out of the furnace of a house. Many times few friends and neighbors would also stop over and you end up talking for what seemed like hours. Then if the Mr. Softie icecream man drove by, that really hit the spot on a hot day. Those really were the days. Nothing terribly exciting happened, but looking back it truly was a special time. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/19/08 10:14 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon