Originally Posted By: olivant
How many of you remember Douglas Edwards with the news as anchor of CBS evening news when it was only a 15 minute broadcast until it expanded to 30 minutes with Walter Chronkite?

How about Alex Dryer and Paul Harvey on the radio news every evening? I used to listen to them as I did my homework.

I had nuns in grade school and christian brothers in high school. I have the wounds to prove it.

How about staying out until the street lights came on? Did ya'll have hucksters - a guy who came around in a truck and sold vegetables?

I do remember when there was 15 minute news cast, but can't say I remember Douglas Edwards. Walter Cronkite for sure, and Paul Harvey we'd listen to on the radio every day at 12:00 p.m.

I don't remember necessarily the Vegetable truck, but I recall my parents talking about it when they lived in an Italian-American area. They said people would sell not only vegetables but fish. confused Plus, I remember going to an outside market with my mother where they sold these things, including live chickens. Can't get any fresher than that. lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/19/08 09:36 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon