Wow, this fire in L.A. started Friday and is really causing damage. It is in L.A. I am about 50 miles from L.A. To give you an idea, going north to south county-wise: L.A. Orange, Riverside. I am in Riverside (on the Riv. OC border)

When I was coming back from my daughters house, I saw a big cloud of smoke in the distance. Not only that, my son in law works in O.C. and they reported that the 91 Freeway (along with other possible routes) are closed due to the fire. eek My daughter is babysitting for a friend who called from O.C. and said she didn't know how she would get home because of the freeway closure too. Now, the Santa Ana winds kick up and that makes matters so much worse. frown Gov. Schwartzenegger has declared a state of emergency.

I am not in any personal danger, but I feel for all those who are affected (even Oprah, as I hear it's in her neighborhood).

TIS

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/15/california.wildfires/index.html

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/15/08 07:05 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon