Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
There is something about their movies...

since my thoughts on Blood Simple might have been lost in the bottom of the previous page, I'll expand on that.

first, how do you movie buffs like this masterpiece? second, don't give your opinion before you watch it a good couple of time. every single moment of the film makes perfect sense and following the plot is like a game. that's why they can just turn off the camera at any given moment and that's the end of the film, like "No Country..." - what's the need for a climatic ending sequence, when you already had 2 hours of greatness? in Blood Simple, you want to scream at the screen but the carachters just don't talk to each other, and you know why. once you got it all, what seems to be a very complicated plot releavs itself the most simple thing in the world. and one thing that I truly appreciate in a film, it is abolutely believable and posible, and even probable. the Coen brothers always toyed with that kind of thing - my girlfriend wouldn't have agreed to watch Fargo with me if it wasn't a true story rolleyes - and I also love the crazy atmosphere in "Raising Arizona", but the great thing about "Blood Simple" is how smart they were in making their first film. it could've costed a few bucks and it's still in its own league.

I believe anyone a bit smart would've watched this 25 years ago and would've guessed those young filmmakers would become Gods of cinema. there is something about their movies...

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk