Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
to be honest with you I can't compare these crazy music they made from Sandinista! on with those of their first 3 albums. I must be more straight minded into punk rock than you. I have Combat Rock but I haven't played it in a long time. they must be in my top 3 or at the very least top 5 favorite bands only for those 3 first albums alone.

I belive Joe Strummer and Mick Jones, specially, were so talented that when they decided to expand their music, they achieved such a unique, magic sound in London Calling, that they spoiled everything else they could do.

I'll give Sandinista! another shot, because with all those tracks I feel like I'm not even giving it a fair chance. and hell, now I think I'll see what I can do with Combat Rock tonight!

that leaves only Cut the Crap, which the title says all. even Joe Strummer said it was terrible. I think I never heard a single track from it grin

All I'm saying is that SANDINISTA! has some awesome stuff, just you gotta pick and choose from the (pointless) dubs and just randomly weird experimental shit.

A tune from COMBAT ROCK I've liked lately was "Overpowered by Funk." For better or for worse, The Clash were years ahead of white rockers trying to hitch into hip-hop.

As for CUT THE CRAP, you know nobody involved likes it when on that two-disc best-of "Essentials" disc, only ONE song from that album is included ("This Is England.")