Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
On a much much smaller scale, at my school we had our first (and hopefully only)political fight between two (middle school) boys, one who was disappointed at an Obama win and said so, causing the other to start a physical fight. How often do political views affect middle school kids? lol

It makes sense TIS, especially here in CA. People were so out their minds crazy for Obama that anyone who didn't support him was viewed on similar grounds as Hitler. They wouldn't say that, but it's how they act. I ranted about this before.

It would make sense that kids would share the same views as their parents, and just as passionately, to the point of fighting at school over it. People take on a sports mentality when it comes to elections so that they can't appreciate the democratic process once it's over, whether your candidate won or lost.

Nothing is going to change. One man can't do anything in 4-8 years because there is always someone there to fight. This is why I'm not upset by Obama winning. The only good thing to come out of this is our first Black/White president.

Last edited by Blibbleblabble; 11/07/08 12:57 PM.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes