GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 288 guests, and 221 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,817
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,400
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,425
Posts1,060,724
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 94 95
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #519557
11/08/08 10:44 AM
11/08/08 10:44 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Some behind the scenes pictures from Election Night.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barackobamadotcom/

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #519558
11/08/08 10:54 AM
11/08/08 10:54 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I've seen some of the pics before. Very nice. What a great looking family hu?

Poor guy sure is walking into a world of shit isn't he? At least we know that he is organized, and strategic, and smart... but where to begin. ohwell

Btw, just off the wall, I heard more than one person say that when they saw Obama he was taller than they expected. I don't necessarily see him as being that tall. Anyone know?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #519559
11/08/08 11:01 AM
11/08/08 11:01 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

He's only 6'1".

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: MaryCas] #519574
11/08/08 12:43 PM
11/08/08 12:43 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Thanks Blake, great shots. I like his David Caruso "Horatio Cane" shades. His girls are cute.

One Whoring item I would like to add, do you think we (the media, the world, etc) can stop refering to Barack Obama as the first black President, or the first Afro-American President. After all he is bi-racial. Why not the first bi-racial President?

That is a good point.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519575
11/08/08 12:44 PM
11/08/08 12:44 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Much love to all my fellow half castes out there!!

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Just Lou] #519577
11/08/08 12:49 PM
11/08/08 12:49 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for seance remark

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama called Nancy Reagan on Friday to apologize for a remark about seances he made during his first news conference earlier in the day.

When a reporter asked Obama if he had spoken with any ex-presidents since his election on Tuesday, he responded that he had spoken to all former presidents "that are living."

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about, you know, doing any seances," he said.

Nancy Reagan, wife of 40th President Ronald Reagan, was derided in 1988 when his former chief of staff Donald Regan revealed in a book that the first lady had consulted an astrologer to determine the president's schedule.

Obama apologized to Reagan "for the careless and offhanded remark," Obama transition team spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said.

"The president-elect expressed his admiration and affection for Mrs. Reagan that so many Americans share and they had a warm conversation," Cutter said.

President Reagan died in 2004 at 93.

Other first ladies have reportedly used spiritual advisers.

In his 1996 book, "The Choice," Washington Post editor and writer Bob Woodward said that as first lady, Sen. Hillary Clinton had seance-like sessions at the White House during which she conversed with late first lady Eleanor Roosevelt. At the time, the White House said the sessions were not seances.

Abraham Lincoln's wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, was rumored to have held seances at the White House in order to contact her two dead sons, Eddie and Willie. She also reportedly went to seances under an assumed name after the president's death to attempt to contact him.

Immediately after the seance remark, Obama said he had "re-read some of Lincoln's writings, who's always an extraordinary inspiration" and mentioned that former Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush and current President George W. Bush "have all been very gracious and offered to provide any help that they can in this transition process."

Which is weird, because watching FOX NEWS after that press conference, alot of those pundits needled him for it, but not necessarily got outraged or trashed him for it.

Either way, smooth move by the Obama folks to kill a buzz-kill before it could gestate.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519579
11/08/08 12:52 PM
11/08/08 12:52 PM
California

California
You just know the Republicans are waiting anxioulsy for whatever Obama's first move is, so they can criticize it. lol Did you hear Joe Scarborough's phony outrage when Obama picked Emanuel for his chief of staff? Per Joe, "it's like a slap in the face." I don't know Emanuel real well, but figure if Scarborough is pissed, it's gotta be a good move. lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/08/08 12:53 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #519596
11/08/08 01:09 PM
11/08/08 01:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The "mutts like me" remark was epic!

It shows how at ease Obama is when talking about race; how it shouldn't be a subject where we have to walk on egg shells when discussing it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #519598
11/08/08 01:12 PM
11/08/08 01:12 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
You just know the Republicans are waiting anxioulsy for whatever Obama's first move is, so they can criticize it. lol Did you hear Joe Scarborough's phony outrage when Obama picked Emanuel for his chief of staff? Per Joe, "it's like a slap in the face." I don't know Emanuel real well, but figure if Scarborough is pissed, it's gotta be a good move. lol

TIS

Well he said that Emanuel is the GOP version of Tom DeLay, which is interesting.

The theory behind Emanuel is good: OBama having a psychopath Jew Enforcer to kick the ass of the useless/incompetent/pathetic Pelosi & Reid leadership in Congress, because to quote Pat Buchanan, "he knows where all the bodies are buried."

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519604
11/08/08 01:56 PM
11/08/08 01:56 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama called Nancy Reagan on Friday to apologize for a remark about seances he made during his first news conference earlier in the day.

When a reporter asked Obama if he had spoken with any ex-presidents since his election on Tuesday, he responded that he had spoken to all former presidents "that are living."

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about, you know, doing any seances," he said.

Nancy Reagan, wife of 40th President Ronald Reagan, was derided in 1988 when his former chief of staff Donald Regan revealed in a book that the first lady had consulted an astrologer to determine the president's schedule.

Obama apologized to Reagan "for the careless and offhanded remark," Obama transition team spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said.

"The president-elect expressed his admiration and affection for Mrs. Reagan that so many Americans share and they had a warm conversation," Cutter said.

In his 1996 book, "The Choice," Washington Post editor and writer Bob Woodward said that as first lady, Sen. Hillary Clinton had seance-like sessions at the White House during which she conversed with late first lady Eleanor Roosevelt. At the time, the White House said the sessions were not seances.

Abraham Lincoln's wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, was rumored to have held seances at the White House in order to contact her two dead sons, Eddie and Willie. She also reportedly went to seances under an assumed name after the president's death to attempt to contact him.

Immediately after the seance remark, Obama said he had "re-read some of Lincoln's writings, who's always an extraordinary inspiration" and mentioned that former Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush and current President George W. Bush "have all been very gracious and offered to provide any help that they can in this transition process."

Which is weird, because watching FOX NEWS after that press conference, alot of those pundits needled him for it, but not necessarily got outraged or trashed him for it.

Either way, smooth move by the Obama folks to kill a buzz-kill before it could gestate.

His Nancy Reagan remark disappointed me a bit, not because I thought he has any mean-spirited feelings about the former first lady, but because I thought it lacked the discretion, decorum and judgment he had shown on the trail.

Plus, just when he's talking about being a unifier, he doesn't need to be perceived as taking a gratuitous swipe at someone like Nancy Reagan.

This was taken care of appropriately. He similarly put his foot in his mouth when he made the remark about people clinging to their guns and bibles. That remark reflected generalizations that I thought he was above. Anyway, this will disappear if he does the job we elected him to do.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: klydon1] #519608
11/08/08 02:45 PM
11/08/08 02:45 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: klydon1

His Nancy Reagan remark disappointed me a bit, not because I thought he has any mean-spirited feelings about the former first lady, but because I thought it lacked the discretion, decorum and judgment he had shown on the trail.

Plus, just when he's talking about being a unifier, he doesn't need to be perceived as taking a gratuitous swipe at someone like Nancy Reagan.

This was taken care of appropriately. He similarly put his foot in his mouth when he made the remark about people clinging to their guns and bibles. That remark reflected generalizations that I thought he was above. Anyway, this will disappear if he does the job we elected him to do.

Notice how during the course of his campaign, Obama has off-cuff joked less and kept to his disciplined answers to all the issues....like his Iranian answer yesterday.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: klydon1] #519621
11/08/08 04:44 PM
11/08/08 04:44 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I saw on the news that folks in Kenya are also very excited about Obama due to his roots there.

They were in a maternity ward and all the boys born recently were called Barack and all the girls Michelle.

If this is happening all over Kenya it is going to be a very confusing place a couple of generations down the line with everyone having the same name smile

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #519628
11/08/08 05:03 PM
11/08/08 05:03 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Hey Republicans. If Obama screws up, you can call him Obuma.

Last edited by olivant; 11/08/08 05:04 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #519640
11/08/08 07:27 PM
11/08/08 07:27 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
I saw on the news that folks in Kenya are also very excited about Obama due to his roots there.

They were in a maternity ward and all the boys born recently were called Barack and all the girls Michelle.

If this is happening all over Kenya it is going to be a very confusing place a couple of generations down the line with everyone having the same name smile

That same phenomenon is occuring with blacks in America as well.

I mean better Barack than Fiddy (50 Cent) or Terrell (Owens) and so forth.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519659
11/08/08 11:44 PM
11/08/08 11:44 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Interesting article on one of Obama's grand schemes for America in the 21st Century when he's inagurated:

Obama: world's first tech revolutionary

The most significant cabinet decision by President-elect Barack Obama will be the creation of a Chief Technology Officer. This is unprecedented and will, more than any other cabinet position, define his presidency and launch the transformation of government from its current nature to what’s known as the 2.0 world.

America’s CTO will not only assume the job of cyber-protection for the government against terrorists, hackers and criminals. But it will revolutionize governance itself and here are the main goals:

1. The CTO will be responsible for enhancing and financially supporting technology of all kinds: environmental, scientific, engineering, medical. This will include massive funding for green (US$150 billion in 10 years), biotech, computer tech and pure scientific research but will also involve incentives to universities to step up engineering graduates annually from 60,000 a year to double that number within half a generation.

2. America’s CTO will be responsible for making the government more transparent, accessible, responsive. Like the Internet-savvy Obama election machine, this President-elect wants to stream meetings live which are held between cabinet ministers and business CEOs or their organizations; he wants to post on government websites legislation for five days to solicit public comments; he wants to provide other interactive policy sites, chat rooms and forums so that citizens can participate in governance and he wants to streamline or convert government departments and their websites into efficient service-providers.

3. Extend broadband access to all Americans, up from the 23% which now can tap into the Internet and its vast store of information or services. The U.S. ranks 15th in the world in this regard, according to the OECD.

4. The CTO will interface and lobby for more open immigration policies to attract more of the world’s brainpower to its government-funded research projects.

5. Obama’s America will earmark money to upgrade and computerize the country’s education system.

6. His plans include cleaning up the patent protection and copyright processes to end frivolous and vexatious litigation as well as “trolling” or tweaking existing protections to create new, invasive ones.

America will dominate innovation

It’s an ambitious agenda and very much on the mind of Obama’s generation of younger people who got out of the vote and will want to continue to have a say during governance, as was the case during the campaign.
At the same time as transforming government through transparency and access and interactivity, the Obama ambition is to foster America’s greatest strength which is innovation and invention.

This is not going to be a government which broadcasts and delegates power, but Obama’s post-politics platform is going to be a Manhattan-project designed to truly bring about government by the people and for the people.

It’s ambitious and will only succeed if the CTO is an inspired choice and the normal governmental impediments are removed with the help of Congress.
One touted to be a potential candidate is Lawrence Lessig, a brilliant digital age scholar who I have met at conferences in the U.S. He is founder of Stanford University’s Center for the Internet and Society. He believes the creation of a CTO is inspired.

“I do think the CTO could be a critically important position, from deciding how to make government more efficient and transparent through technology, to helping advance public policy questions like those surrounding global warming,” he said in a recent interview with an American periodical.

A cabinet-level CTO position would be more lofty and powerful than the presidential science advisor and may be the most important economic and business initiative undertaken by the Obama Team. It could, if successful, insure that the United States will remain the world’s pre-eminent high-tech nation.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/francis/archive/2008/11/07/second-thoughts.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------

All sounds good to me!

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 11/09/08 12:03 AM.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519661
11/09/08 12:22 AM
11/09/08 12:22 AM
California

California
I was just reading about this RR. It sounds like a great plan, with so many possibilties. Heck, due to outstanding staff, planning and coordination, the internet paid for his entire campaign. This is probably an example of one of the many possible changes coming. Like JFK was the first "tv" President (more or less), Obama will become the first internet President.
Although I couldn't list for you columns of ideas, I see this idea only the beginning of what "could" be. A new generation is on the rise. smile The torch has been passed.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/09/08 12:22 AM.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #519665
11/09/08 12:33 AM
11/09/08 12:33 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
Lot of optimistic people here... I don't share your enthusiasm TIS/RRA. He has been talking, talking, talking... he should pause for a while, accomplish some things and then make more promises.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #519667
11/09/08 12:56 AM
11/09/08 12:56 AM
California

California
Originally Posted By: svsg
Lot of optimistic people here... I don't share your enthusiasm TIS/RRA. He has been talking, talking, talking... he should pause for a while, accomplish some things and then make more promises.

Yea, perhaps it's not good to be overly optimistic. It's just that we've had 8 years of sheer hell and it's hard with this talk of change that we so badly want not to be optimistic. I keep telling myself it'll take at least a full term to dig out of the tanked economy on top of the mess Bush has left us with. God know what other disasters Obama will find that we don't know about. frown Any "forward" sign IS encouraging and that's a good feeling.

TIS

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #519668
11/09/08 01:17 AM
11/09/08 01:17 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

And do what exactly now? He aint President for another 2 months.

I just think President-Elect Obama has some potentially good ideas, like his "America 2.0" goal approach, or how apparently he has NO plans to raise the corporate capital gains tax for 2009 and maybe 2010 too (that'll piss the liberals off).

Another is that he wants to also have the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) back off on raiding medical marijuana farms, and instead re-direct those resources and manpower to the Mexican border to combat that epidemic stemming from the border towns in Mexican being run de facto by the drug cartels....which I think is a good pragmatic approach.

Also, as reported on Fox News, Obama apparently is NOT in favor of reimposing the "Fairness Doctrine" at the FCC, which if the Liberals in Congress get their way, would force for example FOX NEWS programs to have an "equal" dissent voice (i.e. Liberal) .

From his campaign website:

[i]Sen. Obama does not support reimposing the Fairness Doctrine on broadcasters. He considers this debate to be a distraction from the conversation we should be having about opening up the airwaves and modern communications to as many diverse viewpoints as possible. That is why Sen. Obama supports media-ownership caps, network neutrality, public broadcasting, as well as increasing minority ownership of broadcasting and print outlets. [i]

Wouldn't it be something if President Obama becomes the best friend for the Right-Winger shitheads like Limbaugh and Hannity?

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 11/09/08 01:20 AM.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519670
11/09/08 01:23 AM
11/09/08 01:23 AM
California

California

Obama Positions Himself to Quickly Reverse Bush Actions on Environmental, Social Issues

By Ceci Connolly and R. Jeffrey Smith
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, November 9, 2008

Transition advisers to President-elect Barack Obama have compiled a list of about 200 Bush administration actions and executive orders that could be swiftly undone to reverse the president on climate change, stem cell research, reproductive rights and other issues, according to congressional Democrats, campaign aides and experts working with the transition team.

A team of four dozen advisers, working for months in virtual solitude, set out to identify regulatory and policy changes Obama could implement soon after his inauguration. The team is now consulting with liberal advocacy groups, Capitol Hill staffers and potential agency chiefs to prioritize those they regard as the most onerous or ideologically offensive, said a top transition official who was not permitted to speak on the record about the inner workings of the transition.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/09/08 01:25 AM.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519688
11/09/08 02:16 AM
11/09/08 02:16 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
...apparently he has NO plans to raise the corporate capital gains tax for 2009 and maybe 2010 too (that'll piss the liberals off).

Are you suggesting that a liberal equates a socialist? Liberalism has nothing to do with economical issues, or if it remotely does, it surely goes against socialism per se (Protecting individual rights as opposed to that of society). The fact that many liberals happen to be in favor of socialism doesn't make it okay to refer to all liberals as socialists.

Not that anything is wrong with socialism. grin In fact I hear Sweden is the place to live.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: afsaneh77] #519691
11/09/08 02:27 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
In US, there is no real Left part that way.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: afsaneh77] #519692
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
...apparently he has NO plans to raise the corporate capital gains tax for 2009 and maybe 2010 too (that'll piss the liberals off).

Are you suggesting that a liberal equates a socialist? Liberalism has nothing to do with economical issues, or if it remotely does, it surely goes against socialism per se (Protecting individual rights as opposed to that of society). The fact that many liberals happen to be in favor of socialism doesn't make it okay to refer to all liberals as socialists.

Not that anything is wrong with socialism. grin In fact I hear Sweden is the place to live.

I was refering to traditional liberal economical interpretation that because people on top of social-economical scale have MORE money, they can afford to pay MORE taxes.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #519693
11/09/08 02:28 AM
11/09/08 02:28 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

American Liberals are different from Liberals in Europe, Asia, etc....likewise with American Conservatives to their counter-parts elsewhere.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519695
11/09/08 02:34 AM
11/09/08 02:34 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
God, Europe is just fucking Obamaphile at the moment. Remember when they blamed America for everything, including late trash pick-ups and ass-pimples?

Barack Obama: The 50 facts you might not know

• He collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics (NERD)

• He was known as "O'Bomber" at high school for his skill at basketball

• His name means "one who is blessed" in Swahili

• His favourite meal is wife Michelle's shrimp linguini

• He won a Grammy in 2006 for the audio version of his memoir, Dreams From My Father

• He is left-handed – the sixth post-war president to be left-handed

• He has read every Harry Potter book

• He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali

• He worked in a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop as a teenager and now can't stand ice cream

• His favourite snacks are chocolate-peanut protein bars

• He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia

• He can speak Spanish

• While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead

• His favourite drink is black forest berry iced tea

• He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn't

• He kept a pet ape called Tata while in Indonesia (BADASS)

• He can bench press an impressive 200lbs

• He was known as Barry until university when he asked to be addressed by his full name

• His favourite book is Moby-Dick by Herman Melville

• He visited Wokingham, Berks, in 1996 for the stag party of his half-sister's fiancé, but left when a stripper arrived

• His desk in his Senate office once belonged to Robert Kennedy

• He and Michelle made $4.2 million (£2.7 million) last year, with much coming from sales of his books

• His favourite films are Casablanca and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Where GODFATHER?)

• He carries a tiny Madonna and child statue and a bracelet belonging to a soldier in Iraq for good luck

• He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.

• His favourite music includes Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees

• He took Michelle to see the Spike Lee film Do The Right Thing on their first date

• He enjoys playing Scrabble and poker

• He doesn't drink coffee and rarely drinks alcohol

• He would have liked to have been an architect if he were not a politician

• As a teenager he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine

• His daughters' ambitions are to go to Yale before becoming an actress (Malia, 10) and to sing and dance (Sasha, 7)

• He hates the youth trend for trousers which sag beneath the backside

• He repaid his student loan only four years ago after signing his book deal

• His house in Chicago has four fire places

• Daughter Malia's godmother is Jesse Jackson's daughter Santita

• He says his worst habit is constantly checking his BlackBerry

• He uses an Apple Mac laptop

• He drives a Ford Escape Hybrid, having ditched his gas-guzzling Chrysler 300 SUV

• He wears $1,500 (£952) Hart Schaffner Marx suits

• He owns four identical pairs of black size 11 shoes

• He has his hair cut once a week by his Chicago barber, Zariff, who charges $21 (£13)

• His favourite fictional television programmes are Mash and The Wire

• He was given the code name "Renegade" by his Secret Service handlers

• He was nicknamed "Bear" by his late grandmother

• He plans to install a basketball court in the White House grounds

• His favourite artist is Pablo Picasso

• His speciality as a cook is chilli

• He has said many of his friends in Indonesia were "street urchins"

• He keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life

• His late father was a senior economist for the Kenyan government

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi...t-not-know.html

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 11/09/08 02:36 AM.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #519696
11/09/08 02:40 AM
11/09/08 02:40 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I was refering to traditional liberal economical interpretation that because people on top of social-economical scale have MORE money, they can afford to pay MORE taxes.

Well you see, that may be called a liberal by nowadays right wingers, to taint the name of a liberal, but that doesn't make it a liberal. Liberal has a literal meaning and I appreciate it if you stick with it. But of course members of DNC in the US are more of a social democrat than pure liberals, or if any liberal gets on their raft is to protect his civil rights. Call them democrats, but not liberals. Thank you! grin

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #519697
11/09/08 02:41 AM
11/09/08 02:41 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Libertarians ring a bell?

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: afsaneh77] #519700
11/09/08 02:50 AM
11/09/08 02:50 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
I meant a communist/socialist party. Left is a loose term, mostly relative to the "right" smile

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #519705
11/09/08 03:00 AM
11/09/08 03:00 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I meant a communist/socialist party. Left is a loose term, mostly relative to the "right" smile

Actually there's a socialist party. They also had a candidate. He came on The Colbert Report before the election. Colbert asked him if he was mad how Obama is called a socialist. lol

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: afsaneh77] #519707
11/09/08 03:05 AM
11/09/08 03:05 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
communist is almost a pejorative, as in "commie bastard" lol

Page 3 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 94 95