Sorry to be late to the party folks...

But if there had to be a state that defines this election, it would be VIRGINIA.

Yes we all know that Obama's victory there is the first Democratic Virginia win since 1964, but surely most of you realize the historical irony and implication.

Virginia was the land of our first President and Father of our Country in George Washington....the origin of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison, both who wrote world-altering documents about humanity's unalienable civil rights and government's accountability to the people in the Declaration of Independence and the American Constitution.....

The state of one of America's most beloved war generals in Robert E. Lee, despite fighting against that government.......The birthplace of President Woodrow Wilson, who had that daffy urge for permanent world peace that would become the United Nations....

And what do they all have in common? Unescapable links to a racial history. Washington/Madison/Jefferson all owned slaves, Lee inherited his from Washington's family, and Wilson was an infamous racist.

And now a black man has won Virginia, the capital of the insurgent Confederate States of America who fought 4 brutal years to keep its states' rights to enslave his race, and I'm proud that the land of my parents, of my family which included both Union and Confederate soldiers, has become the symbol of our nation coming together.