The qualifications for President (I mentioned above, but we all know I'm sure) and, as I understand it, the "only" (main) job of the VP is to take over for the President should it become necessary.

That "necessity" has only happened once in my lifetime (LBJ sworn in after JKF was assassinated). Although, one would think that in the normal course of life and our history generally, it would be very unlikely and a safe bet that the VP would never have to step up.

However, considering the fact that it has happened in recent history, (and of course knowing youth doesn't necessarily keep you "safe" in terms of finishing your term) let's face it, with McCain being up there in years, who knows? confused I read and maybe others can confirm, (AND this is just a "for instance") that Reagan's alzheimers started while he was in office. Say something like that happened to any President??? You'd want someone capable to take over right?

I guess what I'm saying is, that although qualifications for VP and President actually, are in written words, "short", BUT we should all consider the possibility of that person running on the VP ticket being President if necessary.

TIS

And DC, I can't wait til this election is over too. I hate to think of how bad it'd be (with ads) if I lived in a battleground state. rolleyes Not too bad in that respect here.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 10/26/08 02:32 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon