According to the constitution:

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States

Yes, like it or not anyone can grow-up and try a run for President. wink

The experience issue, while desirable, I agree with Olivant, where exactly do you look for it? Exactly, in what area would a future Prsident need experience? And, how many years???

Perhaps many people who are voting for Obama, are considering the fact that for the last 8 years we had a President who was Governor for (4 or 8, I'm not sure). He, was seen to many, as likeabe and folksy. rolleyes This moron fucked us up like no other President in my lifetime (perhaps ever). So maybe, just maybe, America is encouraged by an smart, strategic, organized, non-warmongering type, who is willing to even talk to our enemies (gasp)before going Rambo on another nation. Yea, perhaps his inspiration isn't a bad thing. Perhaps it is time for a change. God knows we've had enough shit happen the last 8 years, change sounds pretty good to me.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon