Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
DA, Don't bother. He pops in here to either agree or disagree with some post and then pops out again.

As for Governor Palin, it's NOT her inexperience alone that terrifies me. It's her complete and utter inability to answer even the simplest questions. She can't name a newspaper, and she can't name a Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade. But most of all, it's her role as a fear- and hate-mongerer than appalls me.

And while a VP hasn't needed to take office in decades (thankfully), this particular presidential candidate has age and health issues that make his choice of VP far more critical.

Well said. But here are a couple of others things to consider:

Both Presidential candidates were selected through an arduous and onerous primary process involving tens of millions of Americans. The VP candidates were chosen by one person.

While issues are subject to debate, the Constitutional powers of the Vice Presidency are not. They are explicitly stated in the Constitution. The Vice President is not in charge of the Senate; the Founding Fathers did not include language in the Constitution that provides the Vice President with flexibility and authority if he chooses to use it. Sarah Palin thinks it does. It's embarrassing.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."