Originally Posted By: Saladbar
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Personally, I'd vote for a peace minded Muslim before I'd vote for an Atheist; any person of a true faith. But not another zealot. wink

A good Muslim would be a good Catholic, a good Catholic would be a good Jew, a good Jew would be a good Muslim, and on and on . . .

An atheist cannot be a good person? Isaac Asimov? Marie Curie? Thomas Edison? Carl Sagan? Jodie Foster? Bruce Lee? Dave Matthews? Juliana Moore? Christopher Reeve? Gene Roddenberry? Susan B Antony? Warren Buffet? Lance Armstrong? Charles Schultz? Bill Gates? Ernest Hemmingway? Pat Tillman (remember he gave up a lucrative contract to SERVE America)? Mark Twain? All not good, or at least, somewhat qualified people (at least over Palin)? Scandinavia is one among the safest, healthiest, most well-educated, prosperous, ethical, and successful societies on earth--and one of the least religious and not full of chaos and immorality.

Judge the person, evil is evil not because of a religion or the absence of one.

I didn't say that an Atheist can't be a good person, I'd just prefer a person of faith. It shows me that they can believe in something. It's just a personal preference.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.