Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
DT, I know what the truth is. Yes, I agree with your point.

However, if the Republicans are going to portray Sarah Palin as a hockey mom who woke up one day as Governor of Alaska, who put the state jet on EBay, who is just "plain folks" and hangs out with Joe Six Pack and Joe the Plumber, then blowing $150,000 on clothing, hair and makeup, while referring to Senator Obama as "elitist", then I have a problem.

I agree with that point SB. But the truth is her net worth is about one million dollars. It's fair game for politicians to pretend they are "one of the people" when they are not. George W. Bush did it successfully, his father, an opera buff whose favorite food is gourmet chinese pretended (not to successfully) to favor country music and pork rinds. Jimmy Carter's "peanut farm" was a big time agribusiness venture worth millions, LBJ always cried poor mouth when hewas a rich man, and on it goes.

This "elitist" nonsense is typical Rovian abuse of the English language. Once, if you were among the Elite that was a good thing. Now, it connotes being somehow "foreign."
Like when they said Kerry "looked French," or that Obama is "exotic." They did the same thing to the word "liberal" and they mangled the name of the Domocratic Party to the "Democrat Party." Hopefully this time around the people will not be buying such garbage.

Last edited by dontomasso; 10/22/08 12:11 PM.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."