Even if it WERE true, why would I care? Michelle Obama makes boatloads of money, and if she wants to order caviar and champagne for her mid-afternoon snack, then why shouldn't she?

What does bother me is the spirit with which these things get posted, and then sent around. Because they're in writing, everyone assumes that they're "fact". I was with someone (who I am ashamed to know, quite frankly) who believes all the shit they're shoveling. He believes that Obama's campaign money came from terrorists, he believes that Obama is really an Arab, he believes that he really was a cohort of Ayers while he was bombing things (when I tried to drive home the point that Obama was 8 and lived quite far from Ayers, his response was, "That's what he says NOW."), that his association with ACORN has caused the current fiscal crisis (they stood over people's shoulders and FORCED them to make shaky loans), that he was raised overseas so he's really not American and doesn't understand America, his expensive home was bought and paid for by terrorists...I could go on and on and on. When I called this man a narrow-minded bigot, he agreed with me, as if this were something to be proud of!!

The complete and total ignorance of people makes me afraid. You can pray that education is the key, but the truth is, there are some people who will cling to their ignorance rather than face the fact that they might be wrong about everything they've believed in all their lives.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club