Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Compare Iran in 2001 when Clinton left office to Iran in 2009. Notice how the great failure perhaps of the Dubya Administration was allowing Iran to grow in prominence in the region. Before Iraq, Iran was contained by Saddam, and despite what facts you or DJ or appleonya can give me to excuse for that war, Iran was contained.

To put it another way, why fight when your enemies can fight each other? Shit, Iran almost went to war with the Taliban regime in Afghanistan in the late 90s because of a Taliban attack on a Iranian diplomatic envoy.

LOL!

You know, that's why I say both sides equally know nothing about foreign affairs. Saddam was chicken shit when the US attacked Iraq. And I mean Literally! After being hammered attacking Kuwait, and with Iraq's economy in shambles during the embargo, Saddam actually let Iranian pilgrims in and would throw them one night dinner party for their 7 day stay in the holy sights, just to collect from tourism industry, Iranian religious people being the only morons who would go to that country as tourists. He couldn't really kill a mosquito flying around his head, let alone develope WMD and be any threat to Iran. He was finished already.

But I don't argue that the US military now is not in good shape because of this war and that would make Iranian government get their say, since the US can't afford another war at the moment.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones